Skip navigation
seeveeeff1
Currently Being Moderated

Video Display Module ?

Jul 8, 2012 11:34 PM

I bought a Samsung Series 7 Laptop specifically to run video editing software. However when I downloaded the trial version of Adobe Premiere CS6 it says that " could not find any capable video display modules" I tried finding the answer on what to do on past forums but unfortunately am not very computer proficient...any help?

My Laptop: http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/laptops/NP700Z3A-S01US

Operating System
Operating SystemGenuine Windows® 7 Home Premium (64b)
CPU/ Processor
CPU/ ProcessorIntel® Core™ i5 Processor 2430M
CPU Clock Speed (Max.)2.40 GHz
CPU Cache3 MB (L3)
Model
SeriesSeries 7
Model NumberNP700Z3A-S01US
Display

Screen Size

14.0"
Resolution1600 x 900
Brightness300 nits

The Message from Adobe Premiere:

Adobe Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules. Please update your video display drivers and start again.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 9, 2012 1:04 AM   in reply to seeveeeff1

You have to get a new driver version, if the message is correct. Either from AMD or Samsung, but my guess is from Samsung, because they have a tendency to modify the standard drivers to meet their requirements. However, they also have a tendency to bring those out with huge delays and very irregularly.

Whether it is worth the effort is very doubtful. That Samsung is around 50 times slower than a fast desktop. So if you export a timeline on a fast machine and it takes around 2 hours for the export, it will take around 100 hours on this laptop. It lacks a second 7200 RPM SATA disk, that is absolutely necessary and it lacks ports to correct that deficiency.

I always wonder why people want to use a laptop for video editing, when you have to connect them to a wall outlet for ridiculously long times, defeating the portability argument.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2012 7:00 AM   in reply to seeveeeff1

Many people said to go Mac but for cost purposes I went with windows....was that a mistake?

You get much better value for money from a Windows based laptop, so that was a good choice. But if you skimp too much on features, it is as if you shot yourself in the foot.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2012 9:29 AM   in reply to seeveeeff1

>update my AMD Graphics Card to the latest version (via the Samsung website)

It may be that you will simply not be able to use PPro CS6 with that laptop... if it is, in fact, a case where the only driver you may use comes from Samsung, and Samsung does not post an update that will work with CS6

I have read other messages that people who have upgraded an earlier version of PPro to CS6 have also had to update their graphics driver from their vendor site (ATI or nVidia) to get CS6 to work properly

If your Samsung will not allow you to go directly to the AMD/ATI site for an update, you need to contact Samsung and complain

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 19, 2012 12:03 PM   in reply to John T Smith

See this document and try the solutions that it proposes:

http://bit.ly/Mur4jo

Error: "Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules"

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)