• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selection Interface for large database

Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2012 Jul 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking for a working example of a CF selection field that fills or builds a name list as you type.  The database has about 600,000 names with 400 new people being added each day.  I am looking for a smart tool that watches you type and brings down a name list as you go.  In the list the user needs to see the name and other identifying information like DOB and phone number.  User clicks the row and the persons recorded is located.  I think I have a good understanding the CFC side of this. 

If you type fast the tool waits for a second. "Sounds like" support would also be nice.

Thanks for any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Aug 17, 2012 Aug 17, 2012

You mean AutoSuggest? See this link:

http://forta.com/blog/index.cfm/2007/5/31/ColdFusion-Ajax-Tutorial-1-AutoSuggest

You might want to adjust the code to work on official version because the example was built for beta version.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Aug 17, 2012 Aug 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You mean AutoSuggest? See this link:

http://forta.com/blog/index.cfm/2007/5/31/ColdFusion-Ajax-Tutorial-1-AutoSuggest

You might want to adjust the code to work on official version because the example was built for beta version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation