Skip navigation
TeuvoLee Finland
Currently Being Moderated

News Feed from upstate icon

Jul 9, 2012 1:19 PM

Following the instructions on

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/digitalpubsuite/using/WS67cb9e293e2f1f60c5 dd08612e5ea7d27f-7fff.html#WS9293e1fb3b977c5c-7484875d12f13314751-800

Followed the instructions for creating a feed. Created a simple web page to test. has a single link in the HTML on the page. Zipped it. One HTML. No CSS. No images.

"Icon HTML Resources ZIP

Specify a .zip file containing the assets to be used for the web view that appears when users tap the toolbar button. The .zip file should include a single HTML file and any required image and CSS files. The .zip file should not contain subfolders; all content should be on the same level."

The file compiles fine an loads to my desktop.

ThenI am using x-code Organizer to test the  app on an iPad and it will not load.  It gives me the following error.

"The file ‘file://localhost/Users/xxxxxxxxx/Desktop/developer-viewer.ipa’ is not a valid archive. (Could not locate file within archive)"

This problem goes away if I eliminate the icon the HTML file / Zip file is associated with and the app works fine (without my link to the website). 

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 10, 2012 3:45 AM   in reply to TeuvoLee Finland

Why are you testing this with X-code Organiser?

If you have built a custom viewer app, just drop it into itunes and load it into the iPad.

...I dont suppose I have understood what you are trying to do, but it's not that clear what you are trying to do.

Cheers

Alistair

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,638 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 10, 2012 7:26 AM   in reply to TeuvoLee Finland

You're using Viewer Builder to create the testing .ipa file, right? And if you create a custom nav bar button that links to a simple HTML file, you can't load the .ipa file on your iPad, but if you build the app without the custom icon, you can't load the app on your iPad. Is that correct?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points