• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search Functionality

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2012 Jun 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp v9 and the WebHelp Search function does not allow me to search for dots and dashes, for example, 3.7.15-5.  I have enclosed them in double quotes "3.7.15-5", however, no results display.

I can't find any rules in the Help and was wondering if anyone knows a way to search for these characters?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2012 Jun 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just add 3.5 and 3-5 to some webhelp and searched. The search found both. I did not use quotes. Try in a new project.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2012 Jun 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peter, I created another small project and what I find is that the search ignores the full stop and the dash and displays all results for each specified search number in the project, for example, with 3.7.15-5 the Search displays all instances of 3, 7, 15 and 5.  It shows the 3.7.15-5 also, but individually and not as a single entry. It does not highlight the . or - in the files in the search results. 

Also, if I use double quotes in the Search, it says 'No topics found'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2012 Jul 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the slow reply.

I just took another look and yes if you search on 3.5, it will find topics with 3 and/or 5.

If the search you want is important to you, then I can only suggest ZoomSearch as described on my site.

http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/zoomsearch/zoomsearch.htm

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2012 Jul 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Bravura,

Search with some of the characters like "." did not work until RH9,but this issue has been fixed in our upcoming release.

Additionaly,the other special characters which can be searched using phrase search in rh9 as well are as mentioned in quotes below

", @ $ ^ ( ) ~ ? / { } [ ] + = ! * - %"

Thanks,

Nidhi Bhatia

RoboHelp Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp