Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

InDesign CS6 crash with any Warning box

Jun 22, 2012 9:44 PM

Tags: #crash #indesign #cs6

Working with InDesign CS6 on a new Macbook running Lion. If I try to re-link an image, export as PDF, or delete a page - a warning box appears and crashes the program before it ever shows what the warning is. Very frustrating!

I was on the phone with Adobe all morning but they didn't resolve the issue. I uninstalled Suitcase and all related extensions, but still no luck. Does the exact same thing! Anyone else having this issue or any ideas how to resolve it?? I can barely get work done with the way this program is working right now.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 23, 2012 12:24 AM   in reply to oex12345

Having an issue with obtaining info. re: embedding fonts in CS6.  Never got phone call back so eventually slightly  worked out an answer but they7 must be having lots of problems.  Have worked with CS2 for years but they have few resources for direct response to specific problems yety.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 23, 2012 5:17 AM   in reply to oex12345

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 23, 2012 5:20 AM   in reply to Bill Kersey

Bill please start a new thread with your question, which seems to be totally unrelated (click on Start a Discussion on the right hand side of the main forum discussions page). Give us complete details about what you are doing, your OS and version of InDesign.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 28, 2012 11:37 AM   in reply to oex12345

- power off mac and turn back on while holding down Command + R (dont do it on an external keyboard just to be safe)

- choose the re-install Lion option (I'm sure there is another way to re-install Lion, this is just the way I did it, not saying its the best or only method)

- DO NOT INSTALL MACBOOK (Mid 2012) Software Update 1.0 - THIS SCREWS ADOBE UP!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 30, 2012 7:45 AM   in reply to Marko272

Hi Marko,

this is not the solution for everyone. i also re installed lion (osx 10.7.4). didnt install the mid 2012 update and the bug is still there!

id crashes all the time (versions i tested: 5.0, 5.5 and 6) every version crashes.

the only stable release is 3.0 with osx 10.7.4

dont have the 4.0 for testing ...

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 7, 2012 8:04 PM   in reply to oex12345

I FIGURED SOMETHING OUT.

-indesign cs6 link crash-

I looked up key comand for checking and unchecking boxes, like the one in the warning box.

Just hit the "SPACEBAR".

I did it first try.

1. dowble click "red?" to relink.

2. leave Search box checked, find your file to link

3."GET READY WITH THE SPACEBAR AND RETURN"

4. click open

5. as soon as you see the blank warning box hit "SPACEBAR then RETURN" video game speed

if you get, all files in that folder will relink

Once you save should be good.

Have to redo manuver for new files, i think, haven't processed all the combinations.

Hope this helps some of you.

trentskione

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2012 8:51 PM   in reply to trentskione

I am having the same issue. Adobe InDesign CS6 Crash with inital warning box and down it goes. I can't pre-flight or export to .PDF. I believe I did install the OS Lion mid 2012 update.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2012 9:38 PM   in reply to Joel109

I'll be direct.

Be meticulous with your files. make sure there is no reason for the

"warning box" I've been doing this ^%#*& since '98 these glitches are

nothing, they are annoying, but you gotta work-around them and make it

happen.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2012 9:43 PM   in reply to Joel109

and I am in 10.7.4 too fully updated. the problem with not updating is that

when the software and the os are updated you'll be 3 updates behind. work

though it. sometime it's a pain but your'll be on top.

sorry for the long winded message.

good luck

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2012 10:31 PM   in reply to trentskione

I grabbed all of my linked files (it wouldn't let me package or export a complete .PDF) and my InDesign CS6 .indd and brought them off of my 2012 Retina MBP, over to my 2010 MBP hardware. I am running OS Lion 10.7.4 on both machines. Also, I am running InDesign version 8.0 on both machines. The only difference was the hardware, and I was able to export the .PDF without crashing. I am also able to package the files without crashing. Wanted to pass that on. Still no progress though on my 2012 machine.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2012 10:34 PM   in reply to Joel109

I suppose there may have been some general inDesign, non-file specific pre-set's that could have been different between the two, but that's difficult/tedious to measure what (if any) differences might be present.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 21, 2012 6:11 PM   in reply to trentskione

I'm running a new mid-2012 MB Pro with OS X Lion 10.7.4 and trentskione's "space + enter" trick did the job for me. InDesign CS6 has been a little glitchy with the PDF exporting and image re-linking, but hitting space and enter usually relinks all my images at once. Great find and thanks again. People should try this, but hopefully Adobe will find a patch soon.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 21, 2012 6:14 PM   in reply to izic739

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers