• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quiz button conundrum

Enthusiast ,
Jun 22, 2012 Jun 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my quizzes, I don't want to have learners going back to previous quiz slides until they get to the Results slide. I also want them to answer every question and to not skip any questions.

In the Results slide, they can click Review Quiz to go back to previous quiz slides.

To prevent learners from navigating back to another quiz question while taking the quiz, I removed the playbar on the quiz slides.

I would also like to remove the Skip button, but if I do, with the playbar hidden the learner has no way to navigate forward when they review the quiz. On the other hand, when they are answering the quiz questions, they are able to click the Skip button and not answer the question, even if Incomplete option is turned on.

NOTE: This whole problem comes about because of a bug in Captivate. If a learner enters a quiz slide, without answering the question or clicking on Submitt they navigate to the previous slide, then they navigate back to that same quiz slide, Captivate acts as if the learner has already clicked Submit and the learner can no longer answer the question.

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 30, 2012 Jun 30, 2012

Jay,

The stacking order I mention is the original one if you do not uncheck one of the buttons. That order will indeed change if you first unchecked, then check the buttons again. Sorry for the confusion;

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Jun 24, 2012 Jun 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jay

What's your captivate version? All the above mentioned use cases have been addressed in Captivate 6  and how

1. Submit all - a new option which allows users go back and forth and also ensure they answer all the questions

2. New quiz scope which gives lot of flexibility to Captivate developer

Thanks

Suresh J

Captivate Engineering team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 30, 2012 Jun 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suresh,

Thanks for letting me know about the new features. In fact, I was going to convert my project to version 6, but when I tried opening one of the modules, the file size bloated to twice the original size. Perhaps it would publish at the same size as version 5.5. I haven't had time to try publishing from version 6 yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2012 Jun 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jay,

I cannot remember if I already suggested to drag the Skip button under the Clear button and rename its text to 'Next' because that is its function while reviewing.

There is a stack order for the buttons on question slides. And the Clear button will not be visible during Review, so the Next button will then be available.

About stacking order and other question/score slide functionalities:

http://lilybiri.posterous.com/question-question-slides-in-captivate

http://lilybiri.posterous.com/question-question-slides-part-2

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 29, 2012 Jun 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lilybiri,

You did suggest that before, but I couldn't make it work. This time it did work. I discovered that the reason it didn't work the first time was that the Clear button and the Next button don't always have the same stacking order. It depends on the order that you click the check mark to display each of these buttons in the Properties panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jay,

The stacking order I mention is the original one if you do not uncheck one of the buttons. That order will indeed change if you first unchecked, then check the buttons again. Sorry for the confusion;

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lilybiri,

I am grateful for all the help you have given me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2012 Jul 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jay,

You mention that you removed the playbar from the quiz slides, I'd be really grateful if you could let me know how to do that please? I would like it there for all the slides preceding my quiz.

Thank you very much

Sarah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not Jay, but he will not mind I think

The system variable cpCmndShowPlaybar can be changed. Default value is 1 and the playbar will show. To hide it:

• on first slide where you want to hide, choose the On Enter action in the Properties panel of the slide, normally it is set to Continue
  • change it to Assign
  • from the dropdown list choose cpCmndShowPlaybar
  • next to With type 0; now the playbar is hidden when entering that slide

To show it again on a later slide, repeat this work flow, but change to the value 1 again.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant thank you very much Lilybiri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sarah,

You can hide playbar on quiz by going to quiz->preferences->settings and check the option 'Hide playbar on Quiz'.  See screenshot below:

quiz.png

Regards,

Avinash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources