Skip navigation
gtburg
Currently Being Moderated

What are the best image sequence settings (fps)

Jul 9, 2012 11:00 PM

Hi all,

I have a video that I'm wanting to loop and as it's only six seconds I've made an image sequence out of it and can loop it nicely. The problem is it's a bit jerky so I was wondering what other people use for the frame rate etc.

I've made the movie in photoshop, it is a 3D model which I've animated on the timeline (360 degree revolve). I can specify any frame rate for the timeline, any for the export and any for the image sequence overlay.

I imagine that I would match all three but what is going to give me the smoothest result?

Also I'm exporting as png's, they seem to give lower file size is this the best format?

Cheers

G.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 10, 2012 1:51 AM   in reply to gtburg

image sequence from my experience, has always been fairly jerky :/

But seen as it's a 3D model, you're doing a 360 rotation of it right? I'd say keep it simple, and do 1 frame every 2 degrees this'll be smooth and shouldn't overpower the software

Also I had a thought that you should shrink the images in photoshop to the size of the bounding box  does that make sense? as an image sequence loads every image individually, if you've got massive images then it has to reload and reload but if you know the size you want your image sequence to be on the page, then I'd batch your png's in photoshop so that they're all double that size (so it looks nice on iPad3 too)

Hopefully this all makes sense? when I explain stuff, I'm explaining it for myself hah

Cheers

Tim

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 10, 2012 3:51 AM   in reply to gtburg

Hi

I have numerous 360 spins in DPS projects, and generally only have 36 frames (for a 360 spin) in total saved at the correct pixel size they are to be viewed at on the iPad/device - I have even gone down to 18 frames for a 360, with good results. It probably depends on the objects!

hope that helps

Alistair

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points