Skip navigation
trentgillham@live.com
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Story does not allow log in anymore

Jul 9, 2012 5:37 AM

Tags: #in #log

I have used Adobe Story since the beta came out and enjoyed using it.

Recently, it became impossible for me to access the application, it says I need to update to a plus account. I then try to log in on offline mode, but it says Adobe ID is unavailable in offline mode.

I do not understand why it would do this. The free account was supposed to let me use the application, but I would need a plus account to sync over the web. At least that is what I understood when the program became a paid program.

My question is why can I no longer access the program. I have a lot of information in it that I need and I cannot even get in offline. This is very frustrating.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 10, 2012 1:03 AM   in reply to trentgillham@live.com

Unlike Story Plus users, Story Free users are not entitled to use the AIR application either offline or online.

Adobe Story Free is only available online via your browser.

Hope this clarifies the situation.

--Anubhav

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2012 5:00 AM   in reply to trentgillham@live.com

I understand your frustration now.

Give us a little more time to think about the best way to help you out. Can we get back to you by tomorrow?

--Anubhav

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2012 10:34 AM   in reply to AnubhavRohatgi

I cannot login to my adobe story program that is installed on my computer.  keep getting error failed to get user prefs

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2012 10:56 AM   in reply to deankirkland

Are you a story free or a paid story plus customer?

--Anubhav

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2012 11:06 AM   in reply to AnubhavRohatgi

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 2, 2012 9:13 AM   in reply to AnubhavRohatgi

can you please help me!!!!

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 2, 2012 9:47 AM   in reply to deankirkland

Hi,

I have sent you a message on info@kirklanddigital.com. Can you please check and respond to that?

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 2, 2012 9:54 AM   in reply to Deepak - Adoby Story Team

hi

|
    Mark as:
    Calculating status...
    Oct 11, 2012 2:43 AM   in reply to AnubhavRohatgi

I have the same problem - used Adobe Story for my scripts, used syncs and have local copies of my scripts.

Now I have reinstalled my computer and the Story application is not available for me, even I have a cloud prepaid. OK, so be it, if Story is paid now (I would think of byuing it, however it is extremely expansive compared to what I'm paying for the cloud service now) - I have not a problem with using the webapp, which is a part of my cloud.

Unfortunately my sync files are not available, and I can't open my scripts I have created in the desktop app - so I would appreciate to have a way to upload the files from desktop app to my cloud, so I can continue using it.

Please let us know, how to proceed in such case.

Thank you.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 11, 2012 2:53 AM   in reply to Peter Smekal

Hi,

Can you please share your registered email with us at chandna <at>adobe<dot>com, we will help you sync your scripts to webapp.

Thanks

Sandeep

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 12, 2012 7:31 AM   in reply to Sandeep (Story team)

I did - haven't received any info yet...

Did you get my email?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 12, 2012 7:35 AM   in reply to Peter Smekal

Hi

Perhaps there was some problem because of which I did not recieve the email.

Can you please resend it at DL-AdobeStory-Support<at>adobe<dot>com

thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 12, 2012 7:37 AM   in reply to Sandeep (Story team)

I just did :-)

Did you get it?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 12, 2012 7:42 AM   in reply to Sandeep (Story team)

One question - did you mean the email address I'm using for cloud, or email address I used for Story?

Because I started with some tests with a personal email, but when I bought the Cloud, I changed my email adress to my company's...

Thank you.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 12, 2012 7:45 AM   in reply to Peter Smekal

Yes

I have upgraded your Story's email account for a day so that you can login and sync your data to web app. After that you can either share your story projects with your paid account and access your data there or you can save your data to your disk (File menu-> save to disk) and import it inside your paid account.

thanks

Sandeep

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 12, 2012 8:11 AM   in reply to Sandeep (Story team)

Super, I got my script (not the latest version, but close to it) :-)

Now I suppose, when my account is back to normal I will be able to log in to a free web app, where I will import the scripts back, right?

Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 12, 2012 11:47 AM   in reply to Peter Smekal

Thats great.

You mentioned that you bought the cloud membership? In that case you could save you all your files from your test story account and import them back into the story account that you would have got with cloud membership. Paid account gets you access to AIR app and other functionalities such as sharing etc as well. Your test story account will remain active though and your scripts will remain in it so you can access through your test account as well via webapp.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 17, 2012 12:33 AM   in reply to Sandeep (Story team)

So, it worked, my script is available via the webapp, so this is great :-)

Thank you very much.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 10, 2012 4:30 AM   in reply to Sandeep (Story team)

Hi,

I've had the exact same problem, in which I can no longer get access to the offline version of Adobe Story Free and so can't get the scripts that were not synced online. Would you be able to upgrade my account for a day so I can access the files?

Also, since updating to a new version of Abobe Air, I haven't been able to even get to the log-in screen of Adobe Story, it only comes up with the lisence agreement, which disappears after you click 'I agree'.

Do you think you could help me with this?

Thanks,

Angela

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 10, 2012 10:38 PM   in reply to Angela1746

Hi Angela,

Can you please drop us a mail at DL-AdobeStory-Support<at>adobe<dot>com mentioning your story login email id?

Thanks

Rohit

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 16, 2012 12:32 AM   in reply to Rohit (Story Team)

I too cannot login to the desktop app for Story. I think it has something to do with the AIR program. I had problems with Muse as well.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 7, 2013 3:52 PM   in reply to trentgillham@live.com

To whom it may concern:

What has happened to my work? I have been working for weeks on a screenplay. I had taken a break to start a new novel. Today I have gotten back to work on a screenplay in progress on Adobe Story. However, when I logged in, my work is gone! Where is my work, or has someone stolen it?

Has anyone had this experience with the Adobe company?

Mr. Jodie M. Christian

Ayyub Industries

Chicago, Illinois 60628

773 226-9024

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 7, 2013 8:42 PM   in reply to ayyub123

Hi,

Only you have access to your work so rest assured that your work is safe and nobody can steal it. Can you please share your email id with us by sending a mail to DL-AdobeStory-Support<at>adobe<dot>com so that we can see what went wrong.

thanks

Sandeep

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 7, 2013 10:18 PM   in reply to Sandeep (Story team)

I have a similar problem.  I was online with Adobe Chat and they informed me that they do not support Adobe Story anymore and directed me to this forum for help.  I have been merely trying the free Adobe Story version for the last couple of weeks and things were going pretty well but suddenly I could not login anymore.  I reset the password and now I can login but OF COURSE the script is gone!  This is the biggest fear anyone would have with the idea of creating scripts in a "cloud".  It seemed like a bad idea and now it is confirmed to be.  What hoops do I need to go through to try and recover my script??  Why would merely resetting a password cause the work to go missing????

ED

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 9, 2013 4:05 AM   in reply to ezradavid57

After discussing with Sandeep, it became clear that the best solution is to install Firefox.  I was resistant because I am a Chrome user and I also couldn't get IE to work.   However, after installation of Firefox my problems were solved.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 13, 2013 7:09 PM   in reply to ezradavid57

Good news! I went to My Favorites tab, and when I logged on from that

(saved) screen it took me right to MY WORK! (That is, after *logging

on*from that screen.) Thank goodness!!!

But to be on the safe side, I copied and pasted the entire screenplay and

emailed it to two separate family members for (2) remote safekeeping

locations; just in case Adobe Story decides, "Oh. He's not suppose to be

able to do that from his saved screen."

At any rate, thank you Adobe person (chandna@adobe.com) for reassuring me

that it was not stolen.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 14, 2013 5:04 AM   in reply to trentgillham@live.com

Adobe Story Plus user with many sign in issues

I am a Plus subscriber and used the software for a month with no problems.  Now on Firefox I cannot reach the screen to enter my log on information.  The 4 boxes just keep circling.  I found that I could log in on Chrome, but now although I can log in and see my projects, when I click on a project I just get a loading icon and it never opens the project.  I did receive a fatal crash error from Story on either Firefox or Chrome.  After that I have had a lot of problems.  As of last night I could still open it in Explorer but I know that will not work soon either.

Please help I have a critical large project on Story and need highly reliable access.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points