Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Request for future updates.

Jul 6, 2012 11:49 AM

Please figure out how to stop changing my desired settings.

Every time you push an update you are altering my save as preferences.

When using CR Save Image, I am able to select my default File Naming scheme, File Extension, File type, Metadata, and Quality level.. But with EVERY update of the software, this gets reset. STOP IT!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 9, 2012 7:14 PM   in reply to 67Tommy Guns

No clairvoyants or mind readers here.

Please read this FAQ for advice on how to ask your questions correctly for quicker and better answers: 

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/419981?tstart=0

Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,513 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Jul 10, 2012 6:28 AM   in reply to 67Tommy Guns

Some folks may not be clairvoyant, but I actually do have almost a sixth sense with regard to what other people are saying.

0.  You posted something difficult for someone who doesn't use Photoshop just as you do to understand, and you posted it in an abrupt tone, as though you're in charge.

1.  Station_two had a little trouble understanding you were talking about the Save dialog in Camera Raw - or assumed others might have such trouble - and may have felt a bit put off by your tone, so he requested you to try to relax and do a more complete and detailed job of writing up your request.  He provided a helpful link that basically says those things.

2.  You either didn't "get it" and/or are still upset and are looking for confrontation rather than problem resolution.

Now, as to your original issue...

• It would likely be more pertinent for you to ask the Camera Raw folks in the dedicated Camera Raw forum.  The Camera Raw developers hang out there:  http://forums.adobe.com/community/cameraraw
    • Though I was able to derive what you're asking, you would do well to describe a bit more of the context, and maybe even put up a picture so that everyone knows just what settings you're talking about in what dialog.  Edit:  I see you've done some of that in your most recent post above.
    • I get the feeling that the saved settings in Camera Raw have a different format each new version, they may be stored somewhere else (or in a different format), and there's some effort to migrate settings from version to version.  It may just be that this particular group of settings has been overlooked, and by asking nicely you might get your wish.  There's also a site for requesting new features:  http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family
    • Everyone understands that using this software can be frustrating at times, and we all paid the high prices, but just keep in mind that most of the folks here are just other users, trying to be helpful, and people can get offended by a person with an attitude.  It's been proven time and again that using a forceful tone is less likely to get you positive results than being humble and asking nicely.  I've done it too - and it just doesn't work.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2012 8:28 AM   in reply to 67Tommy Guns

What version of Ps are you using? What OS version? What specific updates have you seen reset file handling prefs.? What other prefs. besides the Camera Raw Save As... have reset?

regards,

steve

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,513 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Jul 10, 2012 10:24 AM   in reply to 67Tommy Guns

Tommy, thank you for your advice.

A simple "thank you" would have been sufficient.

I don't like your posts, and I already don't like you, but I do plan to read and respond to whatever I like, and there's nothing you can do about it. 

If that bothers you, GET OVER IT!

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2012 11:50 AM   in reply to 67Tommy Guns

67Tommy Guns wrote:

Indeed I am not a clairvoyant or mind reader either.

So would you mind telling me why you sent me this link?…

Because I was hoping you would read it—which your reply proves you did not.

If you had read it you would know what kind of information you need to give if you hope to get a helpful response.

We still have no clue as to your platform, Macintosh or Windows, the exact version of the OS and of Photoshop you are running, etc.

At this point, I really don't care, so that has become a moot point now.

And, yes, Noel is right, you're in the wrong forum—but that also is a moot point now.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2012 12:18 PM   in reply to station_two

Earlier this morning, an Adobe staff member (SG/Steve) asked a few questions (reply 5) to clarify the issue in the original post, and seems to still be waiting for a reply.

Here is a direct link to that question:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4548696#4548696

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points