Skip navigation
LauraAngell
Currently Being Moderated

InDesign Slide Show

Jul 10, 2012 8:17 AM

I'm attempting to make a slide show using InDesign CS5.5 and exporting the file as an epub. I drew a frame, place a jpeg photo, then duplicated that frame 3 more times and placed a different jpeg into each of the new boxes so that all of the boxes are aligned on top of each other. I selected all 4 frames and clicked the "Create New State" button on the Object States window and in the Overlay Creator I selected the Auto Play option. I also made sure my multi-state object was in the Articles panel. But when I export to epub, all I get is the photo state which I have selected at the time of export - no slide show. I've opened the file in Adobe Digital Editions and on my ipad using Apabi Reader. What am I doing wrong?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 10, 2012 8:24 AM   in reply to LauraAngell

MSOs are supported in SWF and DPS only.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2012 8:24 AM   in reply to LauraAngell

There are different output workflows from InDesign, and you're greatly confusing the capabilities of each.

The Objects State panel and multi-state objects ONLY work when you're exporting as a SWF file, OR if you're using an Adobe Digital Publishing Suite workflow. It has NO EFFECT when you're exporting as an EPUB file.

I think you probably need to read more about the capabilities of EPUB export. I suggest reading EPUB files about the process on Elizabeth Castro's website:

Formatting ebooks - EPUB Straight to the Point

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2012 8:53 AM   in reply to LauraAngell

No. That would not work with DPS since SWF is unsupported.

You would just create the slideshow and set up the options in the overlay creator panel (folio overlays in CS6)

Bob

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points