Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Missing Assests

Jul 10, 2012 2:12 AM

Hello all,

Currently importing some stacks into a folio and keep encountering this, see below.

Screen shot 2012-07-10 at 09.59.45.png

I have double checked all my links in my source documents and they are correct with none missing. I'm using CS6 with the upto date tools. Anyone had this problem before? Adobe guys? Any help as always is much appreciated.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 10, 2012 2:31 AM   in reply to NickWD1688

It's a while since I saw this but, if I remember correctly, it had something to do with extended characters in filenames and/or folders.

Ali

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2012 3:00 AM   in reply to NickWD1688

Sorry, I didn't really mean 'extended' characters but I remember Adobe DPS used to have trouble handling source documents if their filenames, or the names of the folders they were in, contained non-alphanumeric characters such as parentheses, brackets, asterisks, question marks, pound signs, tildes, etc. To be safe, just use letters, numbers, underscores and hyphens.

This may have nothing to your error message, of course. It's just a suggestion.

Ali

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2012 7:08 AM   in reply to NickWD1688

Are the files, or any of their linked assets, on a network or USB drive? We have seen this before with files that open in InDesign, but the permissions model of the plug-in fails to access remote components.

Please follow up, thanks.

// James Roche

// I was born lucky

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2012 7:29 AM   in reply to NickWD1688

Moving them to a local drive would be the first troubleshooting step. Are they in a folder with the InDesign file?

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2012 7:50 AM   in reply to NickWD1688

Where’s the asset folder? This is the folder that holds things like audio controller files.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2012 8:29 AM   in reply to NickWD1688

I’ve always kept assets folders at the same level as links folders. The error message you are seeing concerns assets like controller files, not missing links.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2012 9:16 AM   in reply to NickWD1688

Do you have links to web overlays?

Bob

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)