Skip navigation
bmw1978
Currently Being Moderated

download problem

Jul 4, 2012 3:09 PM

Tags: #download_issue

I just downloaded Adobe 10.1.3. After the download finished a window came up with something about making sure I had something, don't remember now, and I tried to locate that window again without success. After the download finished, I tried to launch the program and nothing happened. What do I need to do?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 4, 2012 4:24 PM   in reply to bmw1978

Is this for the update to Adobe Acrobat or which application were you updating?  Also which operating system are you using?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 4, 2012 7:30 PM   in reply to bmw1978

You keep saying "Adobe", but what program?

• Adobe Acrobat?
    • Adobe Reader?  (Or, in version 5, Acrobat Reader?)

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 5, 2012 8:27 AM   in reply to bmw1978

Did you purchase Adobe Acrobat or are you trying to install Adobe Reader 10?  Do you receive any specific error messages when trying to install?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 7, 2012 8:17 PM   in reply to bmw1978

Use the Acrobat/Reader cleaner: http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html

Then re-install Reader.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 7, 2012 10:35 PM   in reply to bmw1978

bmw1978 wrote:

it won't save and open.

Sorry, I don't understand this; what exactly happens when you try to download it - do you get an error message?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2012 1:15 AM   in reply to bmw1978

Most browsers automatically download files into the Downloads folder under 'My Documents'; isn't it in there?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2012 9:14 AM   in reply to bmw1978

If you download other files are you able to locate them successfully?  What if you try a different web browser?  You may also want to try going to Start>Control Panels and select Add/Remove Programs.  From there you can select to uninstall/remove Adobe Reader/Adobe Acrobat from there.

It still is not clear from this thread though if you are attempting to utilize Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat?  You mentioned having Adobe Acrobat 5 but then discuss the 10.1.3 update.  What do you have listed exactly in Add/Remove Programs?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2012 2:30 PM   in reply to bmw1978

bmw1978 I have moved this discussion to the Acrobat Installation & Update Issues forum.  Is it possible that you have used a registry cleaner and/or a system optimizer which could have removed the entry from your Add/Remove Programs Control Panel?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points