Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Importing image sequence brackets??

May 27, 2011 7:53 AM

When I go and select a single image that's part of a sequence, and import it as such, I get it to show up with [ ] brackets around it. But when I go to select all images and import "multiple sequences, the brackets are { } type. I wouldn't care much but I find that when they are the { type that I can't update footage to add more of the images that are currently still rendering from my 3D program.

Screen shot 2011-05-26 at 9.24.56 AM.png

I'm not sure what those types of brackets mean and the only way I see of fixing in there is to "replace footage" and just select the single file and basically re-import as sequence. After that the brackets switch over to the [ ] ones.

Anybody know what this means or any input about it?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 11, 2012 12:07 PM   in reply to falldowngoboom

Well, perhaps it indicates broken sequences, perhaps something else that started out as a good idea when AE was still young but has long been forgotten over all the years. In any case, it's probably not much to waste any second thought on...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 11, 2012 5:45 PM   in reply to falldowngoboom

If you work with image sequences a lot, check out Lloyd Alverez' Immigration script. It's a huge time saver. And it intelligently recognizes and replaces image sequences.

http://aescripts.com/immigration/

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points