Skip navigation

Tiger Woods Wins at Congressional

Jul 1, 2012 5:29 PM

Latest reply: able123, Jul 12, 2012 8:05 PM
Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 11, 2012 11:49 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

==========

Enjoy, and if you ever find a way to take your game from the range to the course, please share that with me

=========

LOL

thanks for that laugh... I almost spit out the coors lite onto the keyboard....

good idea about imagining all the shots from T on.. I hadn't thought of that.  I just tried to mix it up as soon as I hit one club ' well ' a few times.

eg. Hit driver ( which by the way sucked cause you can't T up at this range properly.. it's like a grass matt and the ball is about 2" off the ground if you use a T...so I kept getting under it ...)

Then I would do the 3 driver and 5 off the 'grass' mat...

Then irons.

So sorta the same but I wasn't 'imagining' specific distances and locations etc.. as if on one hole.. that's a good idea !

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2012 2:33 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

that sounds like a great way to warm up and loosen up and so on... I'm not at that stage yet but can imagine getting there hopefully sooner than later.

For one thing, the courses nearest me are the short par 3 9 hole one and the 18 hole owned by same family. They are like 1 mile from me.

They don't have a range..only the practice green.

also, they are way cheaper than the one I went to today ( with range ).  I think I will stick with the forgiving 18 hole course a bit longer before I go from basically $ 26.00 to play to $46.00 to play.. not counting an electric cart ( I've been using a pull cart but the one I went to today probably requires I use the elec cart with gps .. as I will have to be part of a foursome at that course and they play pretty fast there ).

Soooo, when I graduate to that one with the range ( more expensive etc ) I can then go early and do the warmup you suggest ...as that makes perfect sense to me.

I think I'm 2 - 3 weeks from being at that point... maybe less if I keep at it 3 times a week as I have ?

I don't mind hitting short with a foursome but getting anywhere near the green frog has got to be out of the question at that point.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2012 10:47 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

=======

Three-putts anger me more than about any other mistake - except for maybe an errant drive, that ends up behind the big green frog! A four-putt makes me want to just walk off the course and start some serious drinking..

=========

man, do I sure understand what you are saying !

Thanks for the 'warm' up suggestions and putting practice routine... I will start doing that...have to use grass and no ball at both the courses ( par 3 9 hole and the 18 hole owned by same family ), to practice swing on chips etc... and both have putting greens but no pin to come out...just these plastic pin things sitting there where you hit the base of it.

the range at the other course yesterday had the fake plastic grass mat with no rubber T in place...and putting your own T into the fake grass left the ball about 2" high ...higher than I like for drive.

I've been using T's on some of my iron shots on the par 3...low....like 1/2" high...and have been getting some good results from that with an easy swing.

Played the par 3 today ( just got back ) and man, I sucked.  However, I am getting better I think even though I still suck.

I can tell , cause I hit one shot and said, " Wow, that really sucked ! "

Then I hit the next shot and I said, " Well, that sucked less ! "

So progress is being made.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2012 6:22 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

cant take out plastic pins.. on putting green practice area those things are like little mobile pins with weighted base.. sit on ground..not in hole. there are no holes on practice green ...but is OK...I will do what you suggested re: practicing putting.  show up early and practice chips and putts and then buy ticket to play ...or go out as scheduled ...  I dont have to reserve time during week at the local courses so far ( the family owned ones 1 mile from me )

the one with range ( deer run ) I WOUILD have to reserve T off time and probably go with a foursome..so I could go early and warm up for that.

I added up my score from the 3 par today... for the first time... never added score before today..

its ugly.  but it was more ugly before today...

so it sucks LESS !

But if my calculations are correct, I'm looking at about 130 on a par 72 at this point ....which really sucks.

Well, maybe not THAT bad...but pretty bad...on average I'm doing two over every hole.

like 5 on par 3 on average.

OMG !

But I swear to you.. I suck less than yesterday !

basically I get on green in 2 and then putt it in two or three...sometimes get lucky and sometimes wheels fall off... and on average it basically sucks...but am getting better.... but I count every screw up...and like I sliced to the green frog today and then hit a tree, and then had to just get back on the fairway, and then shot short of green...and it just went on and on like that... and then I came home and drank all the coors lite in Mound, MN in the past 3 hours.

Then I got the B&H delivery of fuji film for 6x7 polaroid back..and got bags out of closet...

and found battery for the light meter...

and put up tripod in living room and put camera on quick release and managed to figure out how to take off revolving back plate and 220 back and put polaroid back on...and load film pack... and all this with my reading glasses and flashlight and wish I had a magnifying glass to see the freaking f stop and shutter speed readings...and took this picture...

instant.jpg

this is looking out the back 'door' where the chirping birds live...and is also a parking lot for the apt complex...

Not too exciting but when you think about it...like, I actually GOT A PICTURE OF SOMETHING without going into the darkroom...it's pretty COOL !

SO tomorrow I will go shoot some landscapes and whatever... maybe something fun will happen ! ??

Rod

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2012 7:24 PM   in reply to able123

Since I already drank all the coors lite in town, I am now starting on the bud lite...

And may or may not ( depending on my level of eccentricity and drunkeness ) shoot more pictures out the back ' door ' later....

I'm thinking, with an asa of 3000 I should be able to shoot the stars tonight at about an F 22 with shutter speed of 1 second....????  Or maybe F 1.8 with a shutter speed of about 2 minutes... somewhere in that range I think...

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2012 8:05 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

your bag is holding up really well..it is REALLY well made.

sturdy and light and a lot of room for stuff... ( including rain jacket and stuff like that )

Tomorrow is gonna be bad weather for golf so Im gonna take a day or two off of my crazed desire to become good immediately.

get into this photo stuff for a while now as well... because I love it... dont know why.  the instant stuff is more like 7x7 cause I get the full gate ( not 6x7 that film back gives me ). your hasselblad gives you 6x6 IIRC

anyway, im gonna play with this fuji stuff a while. see what i can do locally....get some cool shots etc... try to get out of being shy about walking around with this huge camera with the locals ...treat it like a 35mm.

makes you wonder how guys with larger formats did so well in their neighborhoods as 'street' photo guys...

I think they drank a lot of coors lite, to be honest...

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)