Skip navigation
This discussion is locked
Currently Being Moderated

I need to publish a new site for a client and need an IPS Tag. Where can I find this?

Jul 11, 2012 4:40 AM

Tags: #ips #publishing_a_muse_site #moving_a_domain

I have just produced a new site for a client who had originally set up a site with a host called Mr Site. She has been trying to cancel her contract with them so that she can now have her new site published, but Mr Site are saying they can't do anyting until they have the IPS Tag. Where do I find this and what do I have to do once I've given it to the Mr Site? Any help gratefully received.

Cheers,

Cathie

Replies
  • Liam Dilley
    6,691 posts
    Feb 28, 2012
    Jul 11, 2012 5:11 AM   in reply to Cathie_live

Hey Cathie,

That is a domain name transfer tag.
    This is if you were changing a domain from one registra to another and required by the internet service provider.

You would only need this if you are moving the domain for the site to a new domain hosting company. Are you?

BC does not host the domain, you can only point that domain to Business Catalyst, it wont host the domain for you too.

If your someone and you have a domain with a company and you want to transfer it to someone else you actualy just get a UDAI from "Mr Site" Themselves and move your domain to somoene else and then you can close the account with "Mr Site".

|
    Mark as:
  • Liam Dilley
    6,691 posts
    Feb 28, 2012
    Jul 11, 2012 1:09 PM   in reply to Cathie_live

Hosting and domains are different. Sydney has basically said to you the same as I have in your other thread. Please avoid making duplicate posts, it just will confuse you as much as others trying to follow them.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points