Skip navigation
bigwiel
Currently Being Moderated

Dreamweaver CS6 crashes in Lion

Jul 11, 2012 2:51 PM

I've had Lion 10.7.4 recently installed, and Dreamweaver CS6 now crashes when I try to open an existing index.html file that opened fine in Snow Leopard 10.6.8. Nothing has changed on this file.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 11, 2012 2:59 PM   in reply to bigwiel

You can test if it's a corrupt file or something funky in the code by opening the page in Firefox or Safari, then copying the source and pasting it into a new file in DW (save as index2.html). If it's a code problem, DW will crash. If everything looks right, you can do a Save As to replace the old index.html that may have corrupted for any number of reasons.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2012 6:36 AM   in reply to bigwiel

what you can do to test from here is (make sure to be in code view only, on a new copy/paste page) comment out all of your java scripts. Add <!-- in front of the js in the code and add --> after each .js reference. That will make the browser and hopefully DW skip all of your scripts. The page "should" then be viewable in the design mode without crashing (it will likely be very broken looking). Then take out the <!-- and --> one at a time while paying attention to which code you are re-activating. Eventually it will crash again, but it will tell you which script is killing DW. Then someone with a little more Javascript-Fu will be able to help you out.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 13, 2012 5:41 AM   in reply to bigwiel

Google fonts?

It could be the way Lion handles requests from Dreamweaver for network access - or even it could be something related to font integrity checking on Lion. There is/was a security vulnerability regarding malformed fonts being used as an attack vector to execute arbitrary code on a targeted machine and I'm pretty sure Apple released a security update to address this. Perhaps the way Apple verify's the font is okay to load into RAM doesn't play well with Dreamweaver.

That's just a guess though. You could look through your logs with Console.app and see if anything stands out.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2012 10:17 AM   in reply to bigwiel

I am runniing Creative Cloud on Lion 10.7.4 and Dreamweaver hangs on start up. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it acts the same way. I'm not trying to open an existing file, just launching the program. I think that there is some bug in the latest update. If anyone from Adobe is listening, look into this.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points