Skip navigation
Russell-Mca
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe creative cloud with AMEX in Australia

Jun 21, 2012 7:21 PM

Just wanted to know why i cant purchase the Adobe creative cloud with AMEX in Australia seems Adobe only offer VISA or PayPal in Australia.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 22, 2012 1:44 PM   in reply to Russell-Mca

I'm in Australia and I can purchase Adobe products (inc the Cloud) using VISA or Mastercard.

Never been able to use AMEX online to my knowledge.

I don't know any software vendor which offers payment online via AMEX.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2012 6:03 PM   in reply to Russell-Mca

I too would really like to see Adobe accept AMEX. Our company uses Amex as it's corporate card, and now it seems I'll have to submit monthly expense reports to re-imburse me for our Creative Cloud subscription on my personal Visa.

Adobe - It's not that hard, really.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2012 6:04 PM   in reply to John Waller

Hi John,

I've purchased plently of software online, from merchants based in Australia, using Amex.

I'm guess it's a simple case of Adobe not wanting to pay Amex's higher merchant fee's, or not having negotiated an arrangment yet.

Nick

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2012 6:14 PM   in reply to talen888

Nick Coppins wrote:

I've purchased plently of software online, from merchants based in Australia, using Amex.

Good to hear. Never done it myself.

Is it commonly available as a payment method in online shops on websites?  Must confess I've never seen it as an option in the payment method dropdown box.

Nick Coppins wrote:

I'm guess it's a simple case of Adobe not wanting to pay Amex's higher merchant fee's, or not having negotiated an arrangment yet.

Probably. Don't think that's likely to change any time soon. It's always been Mastercard or VISA.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2012 6:26 PM   in reply to Russell-Mca

Russell-Mca wrote:

the strange thing is you can purchase Adobe products such as CS6 using Amex http://volumelicensing.adobe.com/AU but not the Adobe creative cloud

Yes - I purchased my last CS5 license as a Volume License and was happy to see Amex was accepted - but not for Creative Cloud!

Oh well - maybe one day.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points