Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RSS feed output

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2012 Jul 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

My rss feed output show the entire blog and all the posts in their full length.  I prefer to send out a summary and a set number of posts.  How do i do that?

thanks

Paul

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 11, 2012 Jul 11, 2012

Hi there,

Unfortunately you can't currently manipulate the format in which RSS feeds render. Instead, I'd suggest you use a free service like Feedburner (http://feedburner.google.com) to optimize your feed as you see fit. All you need to do is provide Feedburner with your raw RSS feed URL, and then under "Optimize" they offer a service called "Summary", which should achieve something similar to what you've mentioned. You then embed/provide customers with the Feedburner URL as opposed to the orig

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2012 Jul 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Unfortunately you can't currently manipulate the format in which RSS feeds render. Instead, I'd suggest you use a free service like Feedburner (http://feedburner.google.com) to optimize your feed as you see fit. All you need to do is provide Feedburner with your raw RSS feed URL, and then under "Optimize" they offer a service called "Summary", which should achieve something similar to what you've mentioned. You then embed/provide customers with the Feedburner URL as opposed to the original URL.

If you want something even more custom, consider Yahoo Pipes perhaps - it's able to completely manipulate RSS feeds and spit them back out in a variety of formats.

Hope that helps,

Jackson.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2012 Jul 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip....

Why does BC not have it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well that did not work

feedburner can not work out the feed

where do I get the "raw rss feed url"?  I tried right out of the rss part of the site and then out of a link but not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

NVM The feed link is in a menu and I have to change it on every page in the site.... ffs found the one I want

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines