Skip navigation
yamundai
Currently Being Moderated

MySQL Connection Not Connecting

Jun 25, 2012 8:20 PM

I've contacted my web host and all the information is correct. They can connect to the database, and I tested the telnet in Terminal. Everything is fine, but I get this error in Dreamweaver when I hit "Select" next to the Database input field:

HTTP Error Code 404 File Not Found. Here are some possible reasons for the problem:

1) There is no testing server running on the server machine.

2) The testing server specified for this site does not map to the http://www.oneforestfilms.com/_mmServerScripts/MMHTTPDB.php URL. Verify that the URL Prefix maps to the root of the site.

This is greatly annoying me because I would like to get some work done to our site, but Dreamweaver seems to be the one having problems. It's not the web host or the MySQL database. It's Dreamweaver. I've tried this in both CS5.5 and CS6 and get the same error message in both. What should I do? How do I solve this problem?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 11, 2012 10:02 AM   in reply to yamundai

The error message suggests that you did not upload the file or a path problem.

If that is not the problem, I would suggest you provide a little more information.  Post the code to your connection script (remove UN and PW), also post your queries, perhaps someone would be able to see where you have gone astray.

Gary

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 12, 2012 3:06 AM   in reply to yamundai

yamundai wrote:

2) The testing server specified for this site does not map to the http://www.oneforestfilms.com/_mmServerScripts/MMHTTPDB.php URL. Verify that the URL Prefix maps to the root of the site.

Dreamweaver relies on two files in a hidden folder called _mmServerScripts to communicate with the MySQL database. That error message is telling you that Dreamweaver can't find MMHTTPDB.php in the expected location. That's why it can't communicate with the database.

On some remote servers, Dreamweaver can't create the _mmServerScripts folder because of permissions.

Use your remote server's control panel to see if the _mmServerScripts folder has been created (it's hidden only in Dreamweaver's Files panel). If it hasn't, you need to create it and upload MMHTTPDB.php and mysql.php. You can create copies of those files by defining a local testing server.

The other possibility is that _mmServerScripts isn't in the root of oneforestfilms.com. If that's the case, the URL Prefix in your server definition is wrong, and needs to be corrected.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points