Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

IPS Tags?

Jul 11, 2012 8:54 AM

Tags: #muse #ips #domnain_name_transfer

How do I find the IPS for transferring a domain name to my Muse site? I need to transfer an existing domain name from a client's current site to the one I've just designed in Muse. Any help greatly appreciated.

Cathie

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 11, 2012 10:46 AM   in reply to Cathie_live

Hi Cathie,

You do not need an IPS Tag when applying a domain to Muse or BC - that is only required if you are transferring the domain name to a different registrar.

What you need to do is set the name Servers for your domain.

These should be set to -

ns1.worldsecuresystems.com - primary DNS server

ns2.worldsecuresystems.com - secondary DNS server

ns3.worldsecuresystems.com – optional tertiary DNS server

http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/business-catalyst/using/change- site-domain.html

Kind regards,

-Sidney

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 11, 2012 12:45 PM   in reply to Cathie_live

All that is needed is for you to update the NS record from where the domain was purchased.  No transferring is needed just the updating of the DNS records to have it reflect the NS record provided above. 

Please let the registrar know that you only want to update the DNS not transfer the domain.  If they have any questions please post their response here so we can clarify further.

Kind regards,

-Sidney

|
    Mark as:
  • Liam Dilley
    6,719 posts
    Feb 28, 2012
    Jul 12, 2012 2:20 AM   in reply to Cathie_live

Not a slap on the rist Cathie, just advise

Yep your more aloing the right lines now. Question though is that if they have email and want to keep that running your just wanting to point what is called the A record to BC.

SO your only pointing the web traffic in a new place and keeping emails as is if this is the case.

|
    Mark as:
  • Liam Dilley
    6,719 posts
    Feb 28, 2012
    Jul 12, 2012 3:25 AM   in reply to Cathie_live

Itis one or the other Cathie.

You either send all traffic to your BC site emails and all OR you just do the A-Records. Do you have emails under that domain?

When domain changes they take some time. If it is a .com it can take up to 24 hours and some will see a change while others cant as ISP's update their DNS caches. Local country domains can be a few hours.

Plenty of partners out there to get in touch with who can do the web side of things for/with you when that comes up for a job.

|
    Mark as:
  • Liam Dilley
    6,719 posts
    Feb 28, 2012
    Jul 12, 2012 4:15 AM   in reply to Cathie_live

No, I mean is there any emails .... you@yoursitedomain.com ?

|
    Mark as:
  • Liam Dilley
    6,719 posts
    Feb 28, 2012
    Jul 13, 2012 2:13 AM   in reply to Cathie_live

You can wait for support to help more Cathie but if you really struggling and do not mind private message me the login details for your site and for the domain hosting account you have with Mr Site. I will try see what I can do on saturday for you

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points