Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Update Service Crashing

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2012 Jul 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the following frequently...

Adobe® Flash® Player Update Service 11.3 r300 has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience

Error Signature

szAppName : FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe     szAppVer : 11.3.300.265    

szModName : ntdll.dll     szModVer : 5.1.2600.6055     offset : 000113c0   

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jon,

Would you be willing to help us debug this issue further?  If so, please send email to ccampbel@adobe.com. If you're just looking for a temporary workaround, please see this post: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4547234#4547234

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 15, 2012 Jul 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have send yesterday all dump, dxdiag, ... files to smadayag and Jeromie Clark from Adobe so I thin this could be fixed soon.

- appcompat.txt

- Flash_a.jpg

- Flash_b.jpg

- FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe.hdmp

- FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe.mdmp

- manifest.txt

- dxdiag.txt

There are many bugreports open for this:

Master report should be:

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3231139

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also get this FlashPlayerUpdateSAervice.exe error and very many differenty odd times.

At any odd program that is running I keep getting the stops that state as follows:

"Adobe FlashPlayerUpdateService 11.3r300" has encounter a problem and "needs" to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost.

Please tell Microsoft about this problem, etc."

PLUS sometimes this error message:

:Adobe Flash Player Update Server 11.3r300

The instruction at "0x008i0020d" referenced memory at "0x808211e0." The memoryt could not be "read." C;ick on OK to terminale the program

Clikck on CANCEL to debug the program"

OK                           CANCEL

I am running Windows XP Professional SP3 on a Dell 3700 Vostro Laptop. This error happens in various programs like Outlook Express in EMAIL or other spurious probgrams I have but they are really never the same.

Runniong Adobe's "Flash Player" does not seem to be the problem, just the "Adobe Flash Player Update Service 11.3r300" and I don't even know what that program is or does.

Please, could anyone have a solution to this problem; I would appreciate it. Thank you and take good care.

Sincerely,

Betty A Knight

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will post what I found out myself and it has been now 4 days now since I have had the "FlaahPlayertUpdateService.exe" error pop up.

I'm Betty A Knight, 90-year old retired Mainframe Computer Programmer and retired Independent Internet Contractor for Compuserve and Microsoft (MSN) and also a Beta Tesater for "Windows 95." I received the two or three emails from you and just before I received them, something happened which I will tell you about which I did before I received your emails so that I have not tried them yet but I have not received the "FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe" errors for two days now.

I have been trying to debug this myself just but really only thinking logically.

So, everytime I tried to update the Flash download it would download it but then stop when it hit the install part telling me I had another version of Flash and the install couldn't continue. I searched every way I knew possibly to the find the Flash program that the system claimed I was running. So in trying something else (I have my system set to show "hidden" files and Ia tried this:

C:/Document and Settings/Betty A Knight/Local Settings/Application Data  and I found an icon for Flash. The problem is (which happens to the memory of 90-year old people) I can't remember if it was in Local Settings or Application Data but I deleted that Flash icon from which ever place I found it. Then I tried to download a new copy of Flash from your website and it downloaded and finished correctly.

Now for four (4) days, I have not received the "FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe" error. As I said the normal searching for a duplicate Flash turned up nothing. Only looking in the "hidden" files did I find a copy of Flash.

I  hope I have written this so that you can understand what I have written. If I start to get this error again then I will follow all of your emails and help to debug for tis error (if it continues). So in essence, I had to find and delete a current version of Flash, install a new one to so far not get this error.

Thank you and take good care.

Sincerely,

Betty A Knight

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 17, 2012 Jul 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been 5 days since I left my original findings and correction of this "FlaahPlayertUpdateService.exe" error. I still have NOT received this error  again since I left my original message on what I found out  above. In reinstalling the Flash Player it is important to note that the download of a new version of Flash does not really complete. It goes so far as finishing the download part but when it is half way through it changes to the install part and that is where I get the error that I have another version of Flash was running and it cannot continue the installation. I couldn't  find where that other running version of Flash was until I looked in the "hidden files of Windows XP Pro SP3" and found a Flash icon (see my above messages). It deleted that "hidden" Flash icon and then went back to download a new version of Flash. This time is completed the download part and the install part and completed correctly.

Since I did the above, I have not received this error message we are all talking about and I still have not received it. As far as I am concerned then I consider this error resolved. If it should happen to come again, I will let you know. Thank you and take good care.

Sincerely,
Betty A Knight

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2012 Jul 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm glad this resolved your problem Betty but this is not the problem in my case.  My download completes, does not stop and I even get the message my download has completed.  I also do not get the message that another Flash Player is running.

I have done the work-around solution provided by Chris and at least this appears to have stopped for now but not sure what will happen when it's time to update again.  Perhaps by then they will figure out what is going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the same here.

this keeps showing the last 2-3 weeks.

I dont know why we are asked to "send a report of this problem" since it seems that the Company has no idea of the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FlashPlayer unhandled win32 exception.JPG

This all started in the last week.  My co-worker is running Windows XP as well as myself.  My wife computer is Windows 7 and getting a odd DOS statement while the computer attempts to boot stating that Autochk cannot run due to ann error caused by a recently installed software package.  Use system restore feature from the control panel to restore the system.  Recent software package installation, Unspecified error occurred.  This recent update my have trashed my wife computer, please fix this before someone else suffers the same fate, but much worse.  Thankyou

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2012 Jul 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too Jon.  I get the same message 20 times a day no matter what I'm doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines