Skip navigation
GregBC727
Currently Being Moderated

Activating Lightroom 4 Trial With Cloud

Jul 11, 2012 3:13 PM

I have LR4 trial installed on my computer but it is expiring.

I also have an active Cloud subscription.

How do I register the LR4 using Cloud?

I looked in my emails from ACC but I don't see anything regarding a serial number.

I would rather not have to download LR4 again through Cloud because I am on a very bad connection.

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 11, 2012 4:15 PM   in reply to GregBC727

In order to activate your LR 4 using Cloud, you have to download and install again the same from Cloud, then only it will be activated.

Please follow this : http://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-creative-cloud-faq.html

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2012 10:36 AM   in reply to Baljeet S. Juneja

I'm a Cloud user since there very first activation. I do have the same problem. Can't use LR anymore. Tried as explained here above and took a look in my Adobe Application Manager since the try-out (+ LR 4.1) was allready installed - There i do see all my Cloud Applications BUT LR isn't to be seen here ! ???

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2012 10:44 AM   in reply to spyderABC

PS Do I have to uninstall first my try-out version? (but I don't see an uninstall LR programme neither).

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2012 10:51 AM   in reply to spyderABC

You do not need to uninstall your trial version of Lightroom 4. When you install from the Adobe Application Manager, it should convert your trial to the full version.

Michael.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2012 10:56 AM   in reply to spyderABC

Navigate to the Creative Cloud. In the top left corner, you should see a link that says Apps. Inside you should find a link to install Lightroom 4 that will launch the Adobe Application Manager. It should be listed there.

Michael.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2012 11:06 AM   in reply to mjarrott

sorry I did see the answer in the text itself. So that's allready ok. Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2012 11:08 AM   in reply to mjarrott

I'm inside that page and there's a special lightroom 4 box in the upper left corner and another one with the rest of the Adobe icons. I've tried both of them but nothing happens.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2012 11:13 AM   in reply to spyderABC

Does it launch the Adobe Application Manager? When I click download under the Lightroom icon I get the following prompt from my web browser, then I click Launch Application which brings up the Adobe Application Manager.

Screen Shot 2012-07-12 at 11.11.32 AM.png

Screen Shot 2012-07-12 at 11.13.34 AM.png

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2012 11:50 AM   in reply to mjarrott

very strange - nothing happens at all !

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2012 12:07 PM   in reply to spyderABC

Now it seems to be fixed in Safari it works fine ! At first it was in Firefox.

So I've tried the same in Safari and the AA Manager now shows up as been told and at this very moment it's downloading LR from within.

THANKS A LOT !!!!! and have a pleasant evening.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points