Skip navigation
wadurbin
Currently Being Moderated

I cannot get/put files on remote server

Jul 5, 2012 3:46 PM

I get the error message, "File activity incomplete."  I'm completely stopped as a result of this error.  I would like some help getting past the issue.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 12, 2012 11:47 AM   in reply to wadurbin

Hi Wadurin,

What were you attempting to do when this message occured? Was this when attempting to upload files to the Creative Cloud Files section?

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2012 1:01 PM   in reply to wadurbin

Hey Wadurin,

I'm still not quite sure what you mean when you say "open a file on the remote server". I understand what this means but am just not sure what remote server you are talking about. Is this the web server associated with your Business Catalyst account, the Creative Cloud Files section, etc. Can you elaborate a little more on what process you are going through to help me better understand what you mean? What change are you making to the file? What kind of file is it?

Thanks,

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2012 2:32 PM   in reply to wadurbin

Thanks Liam,

That helps me understand a lot better. I'm not a Dreamweaver expert myself, but I was thinking what is discussed here might be what's going on

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1006148?start=90&tstart=0

Be sure to read the latest posts on pages 7 and 8.

That is my best guess. If it sounds like that is what is happening I would jump into the discussion there, maybe pursue getting the discussed patch. I saw that same error being discussed on a few other threads on the Dreamweaver forums too. If that doesn't sound like that is it, I'd start a new thread on the Dreamweaver forum. Another possible cause I saw discussed was insufficient space on the server.

If you are under a deadline and have the technical prowess, you could upload the local copy of whatever files you changed manually outside of Dreamweaver with some kind of FTP client?

-Dave

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points