Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

ColdFusion can't find ApplicationProxy.cfc in site root.

Jul 12, 2012 11:16 AM

Tags: #cf9 #application.cfc

I am running CF9 Standard on a Windows 2008 R2 server. I have an Application.cfc and ApplicationProxy.cfc in my root directory and

I am trying to "extend" the ApplicationProxy.cfc in a sub directory that houses a login page. When I try to access my site login

page, I receive a file not found error. Here is the basic file layout.

mysite\Site1 (root)

mysite/site1/Application.cfc

mysite/site1/ApplicationProxy.cfc

mysite/site1/members

mysite/site1/members/Application.cfc

When I view the members/Application.cfc I have the following code:

<cfcomponent name="Application" extends="site1.ApplicationProxy">

But any attempt to hit the page results in a "404 - File not found" error in IE and Firefox.

The problem is that CF cannot find the ApplicationProxy.cfc file on the production server. It works on my test (local) server

and I can't figure out why it won't work on production. Tried all suggestions from Ben Nadel and Stack Overflow. Still no

go! 

Here's the mapping for the directory in CF Administrator:

/mysite  D:\inetpub\wwwroot\mysite\site1

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 12, 2012 3:02 PM   in reply to Limerick6053

But any attempt to hit the page results in a "404 - File not found" error in IE and Firefox.

The problem is that CF cannot find the ApplicationProxy.cfc file on the production server.

Err... no.  One gets a 404 when the document at the requested URL cannot be retrieved.  It has absolutely no bearing on any file that CF can / cannot find.  When your Application.cfc can't find the CFC it's supposed to extend, you get a 500 error, not a 404.

So if you're getting a 404... your analysis so far is barking up the wrong tree, I'm afraid.  Sorry.

--

Adam

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 13, 2012 5:11 AM   in reply to Limerick6053

I just noticed this:

mysite\Site1 (root)

mysite/site1/Application.cfc

mysite/site1/ApplicationProxy.cfc

mysite/site1/members

mysite/site1/members/Application.cfc

[...]

<cfcomponent name="Application" extends="site1.ApplicationProxy">

[...]

Here's the mapping for the directory in CF Administrator:

/mysite  D:\inetpub\wwwroot\mysite\site1

Given the name of your mapping (/mysite), CFC path should be mysite.ApplicationProxy surely? 

That said, none of this will be causing your 404.

--

Adam

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 14, 2012 4:10 AM   in reply to Adam Cameron.

Adam Cameron. wrote:

The problem is that CF cannot find the ApplicationProxy.cfc file on the production server.

Err... no.  One gets a 404 when the document at the requested URL cannot be retrieved.  It has absolutely no bearing on any file that CF can / cannot find.  When your Application.cfc can't find the CFC it's supposed to extend, you get a 500 error, not a 404.

So if you're getting a 404... your analysis so far is barking up the wrong tree, I'm afraid.  Sorry.

I concur. But I expect ColdFusion would then give you a runtime exception message telling you it couldn't find the component site1.ApplicationProxy.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 14, 2012 4:13 AM   in reply to Limerick6053

Limerick6053 wrote:

When I try to access my site login page, I receive a file not found error.

Perhaps ColdFusion couldn't find the login page.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 15, 2012 1:20 AM   in reply to BKBK

I concur. But I expect ColdFusion would then give you a runtime exception message telling you it couldn't find the component site1.ApplicationProxy.

Ah yeah... that'd be the 500 error I mentioned in the previous para.

--

Adam

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 15, 2012 1:22 AM   in reply to Limerick6053

I'm getting a resource not found error and I am struggling to figure out just what's not being found.

The URL being requested.  It can't find the thing your browsing as cited in the address bar of the browser.  Plain and simple.

This is not a CF issue, it's the web server not being able to find what the client is requesting.

--

Adam

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points