Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Not able to re-install acrobat

Jul 7, 2012 3:14 PM

I downloaded Acrobat X. Each time I opened Acrobat the program would crash. I decided to unistall my older copy of Acrobat and unistall Acrobat X. Then the plan is to re-install Acrobat X. However, Adobe Application Manager still  says that Acrobat X has been installed. Any idea on how I reset that so I can download Acrobat X again to see if can correct this crashing.

Running Mac OS 10.6

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 7, 2012 5:09 PM   in reply to 74designer

Did you "uninstall" Acrobat by dragging it to the Trash, or did you run the Acrobat Uninstaller application?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 8, 2012 3:45 PM   in reply to 74designer

Go to Mac HD/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installers   , uninstall the Acrobat and  then check in the AAM.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2012 12:36 PM   in reply to 74designer

I am having the same problem. Everytime a pdf is launched - acrobat crashes. I used the Acrobat uninstaller and uninstalled Acrobat X - opened AAM to reinstall only to find that it tells me Acrobat X is "installed" - tried to download it from Adobe's site from "My Apps" and AAM pops back up to tell me Ax is already installed - then looking in my Applications folder on my HD I see teh Adobe Acrobat X Pro folder and ONLY a shortcut to Acrobat X Uninstaller is inside the folder.

Adobe Tech support is lame and usually a waste of time - can anyone in this forum offer a means to re install Acrobat X Pro?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2012 12:42 PM   in reply to zebra

check the link:- forums.adobe.com/message/4491554

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2012 1:11 PM   in reply to Manish-Sharma

Manish-Sharma - thank you for the quick reply - are there similar instruction for a MAC? The instruction posted to the link you shared is for windows OS.  Thank you.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2012 5:44 PM   in reply to 74designer

On the Mac, in the applications folder are CS6 apps downloaded from Creative Cloud, and inside each products folder is that products uninstaller. That is the uninstaller I used the first time to remove Acrobat X Pro.

After removal by that means, Acrobat Application Manager was still verifying that my removed app was still installed. There was no way to reinstall (Acrobat).

What I was told by the chat tech I chatted with was to got to Applications > Utilities > Adobe Installers Which is from where he recomended I do all my uninstalls.

So, from there I clicked on Acrobat X Pro and followed the screen instructions.

When I then launched Adobe Application Manager, teh Install button next to Acrobat was active and I was able to reinstall Acrobat.

Because after removing a previous version of CS, my photoshop CS6 app was announcing a missing file and that I needed to uninstall and reinstall Photoshop - more an annoyance than an actual necssity since Photoshop CS6 was working fine despite the notification window alerting me to a missing file Photoshop needed to operate... Since the uninstall and reinstall of Acrobat went so well, I followed suit with Photoshop CS6, removing it from the Applications > Utilities > Adobe Installers folder. When I launched AAM, the install next to Photoshop was available. I downloaded it and intalled ... everything is working fine.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points