Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Macbook Pro Retina Display and Flash Player major issues

Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2012 Jun 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Apple has recently released Macbook Pro's with Retina displays.

I have tested my Flash application on the new laptop, and this is what I observe:

1. My Flex SDK Flash application looks blurry and strange when I try to check it out from any Macbook Pro with Retina display, while looking sharp and OK from all other machines.

On this screenshot you can sort of see the issue:

http://i.imgur.com/UXHd4.png

(Expand the image to the actual size, and compare the Flex SDK components with browser labels. Browser labels look crisp, Flex SDK components look a little bit blurry.)

2. It is no longer possible to click on anything in Flash Player Dialogs, such as:

* Flash Player Settings

* Webcam or microphone allow/deny dialog

* All other dialogs (peer-to-peer access, etc)

This issue makes it impossible to use video chat applications on Macbook Pro Retina's because users can't click allow/deny when requested for audio/video access.

I have submitted reports about this to Adobe BugBase here:

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3224151

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3224147

Please fix these issues.

Andrey

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 02, 2012 Jul 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found the same issues.

Fortunately- if you run windows in Parallels the flash settings box still works correctly there. The display issues are still present as with anything in Windows on the retina display.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2012 Jul 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bug 2 seems to be a repeat of the bug in Flash running under Mac OSX Lion that surfaced when Lion was first released. It was supposedly fixed back on Aug 10 2011, but it seems to have resurfaced on the Retina Pros.

The work around ( described in detail at  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tyHV_cz5gA&feature=player_embedded ) still works, but this really needs to be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2012 Aug 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I viewed this Adobe video and it seemed to work for this problem but it is NOT a great solution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tyHV_cz5gA

I saw that they are posting a new version next week August 9th 2012.  I hope it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2012 Aug 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, these problems won't be fixed in the upcoming release.  We are aware of them, and we have some preliminary approaches for fixing them, but due to the size of the changes they weren't able to be added to our next release which is wrapping up.  I'll make sure to bring this to our management's attention again and let them know how this is impacting you.  In the meantime, please take a minute and vote for the bugs above. 

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2012 Aug 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, the dialog bug should have a hotfix ASAP. Crippling and show-stopper. Please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2012 Aug 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like this might have been fixed internally yesterday.  I'd recommend installing the 11.4 beta.  We're updating this periodically for the next couple of weeks so you should get this fix delivered automatically later this week.

See this announcement thread for more details: 8/6/2012 - Flash Player 11.4 Beta Updates

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2013 Jan 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just for information, I'm still experiencing this bug with My MacBookPro Retina, os 10.8.2; Flash V 11.6.602.108 (BETA) installed.

I had the bug with the "standard" version and installed the beta as sugested on the post above...

So, 6 months after, issue still not solved ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2013 Jan 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dariolym,

As far as I was aware, this was fixed back in 11.4.  Could you please open a new bug report on this over at bugbase.adobe.com?  Please post back with the URL so that others affected can add their comments and votes.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 04, 2013 Apr 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris and others,

I have Flash 11.6.602.180, and it hasn't allowed clicking on the in-browser camera/mic dialogue my retina MacBook either, under Mac OS 10.8.2 or 10.8.3, using either Firefox or Safari. Perhaps the fix got flushed out of versions subsequent 11.4—I only ever had 11.6 or later on this computer, so I can't comment.

In the meanwhile, a solution you could use would be to open up the Flash Player preference pane in system preferences, click on the "Camera and Mic" tab, and, provided that "ask me when a site…" is selected, click the  "Camera and Microphone Settings by Site…" button, and find the respective domain in the list, or add it manually, and click "Allow" from the row's right column rather than its defaulted "Ask me" selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2013 Apr 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@nvhdab - If you haven't already, can you please add a bug on your issue over at bugbase.adobe.com  If it's the same as 3224151 then it sounds like it's going to be fixed soon.  I'm trying to find out exactly when, but it might be in the 11.7 release now (4/2/2013 - Flash Player 11.7.700.170 Beta)

@scottclayton - I'm going to ask the team to revisit the click issue.  I don't have a retina display so I can't confirm the issue.  Thank you though for putting up the workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2013 Jan 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please fix!! Our Apps look very crappy even if they knock out any HTML5 App. But potential clients like looks, not how solid it might be when they buy it! Guys this is very annoying. I understand that Flash is Adobe's ugly duck, but a lot of companies invested heavily on Flex framework... ¬¬

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines