Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

cfimage CAPTCHA Not Displaying

Jul 12, 2012 11:12 PM

Tags: #problem #display #coldfusion_9 #captcha #cfimage

Hi All,

I am creating the captcha using cfimage. In my project we have three different environment dev, stage , production. However I am getting the the captcha image for production and dev but in stagging I am not getting the captcha image. When I am checking captcha in firebug I am getting the image "src" attribute as, "/CFFileServlet/_cf_captcha/_captcha_img2787831475697289656.png" for all three environments but the image not displaying only for stage.

Please help me.

Thanks

Saurav

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 13, 2012 4:45 AM   in reply to saurav Pandit

Is the request to the image giving a 404 or a 500 error, or what?

Do you have the CFFileServlet mapping in your web.xml file (it'd be there by default unless you'd been monkeying with it).

You don't really give us much to go on: "it's not working" is not a very good problem description.

Possibly read this: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/607238

--

Adam

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 13, 2012 4:47 AM   in reply to saurav Pandit

Somebody please help.

If you have a time-critical problem maybe you should engage a CF consultant, rather than asking on a community-driven forum, them bumping it after only four hours.

--

Adam

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 4, 2012 12:39 PM   in reply to saurav Pandit

I am having the exact same problem.  I recently upgraded from CF 9 to CF 10 and  my captchas suddenly stopped working, so far on 3 boxes, 1 mac, 2 linux.  I imported existing settings from 9 for all 3 and I confirmed that when I change my <cfimage> call so that it writes the image to a destination I choose it works, I can no longer use the method of having it output to the browser, so something is definately not right. 

Also, I searched both my old CF9 web.xml file and my CF10 web.xml file, both have the CFFileServlet sections.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points