• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I get a name to populate in Certificate Widget?

Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2012 Jul 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using Captivate 5.5.  I am trying to use the Certificate Widget which I pulled into my project.  How can I get a user name to populate in the first line?  I will be using a text-entry field to ask for the name and that is the name I want to print on the certificate. 

Also, I am passing the assessment with a score of 100% but on the Certificate it says 0% and Fail. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 10, 2012 Jul 10, 2012

Hi

To use this widget, do the following:

• Insert a minimum of one question slide.
  • Insert a blank slide after the results slide.
  • Insert the CertificateWidget.swf file from the Widget panel in the inserted slide.
  • Choose a template and fill out the appropriate details, such as, course name, course duration, and the signature.

When users take the quiz, a slide with a text entry box for the user name appears after the result slide. The users type their name in the box and click Submit to view the certifica

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2012 Jul 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

To use this widget, do the following:

• Insert a minimum of one question slide.
  • Insert a blank slide after the results slide.
  • Insert the CertificateWidget.swf file from the Widget panel in the inserted slide.
  • Choose a template and fill out the appropriate details, such as, course name, course duration, and the signature.

When users take the quiz, a slide with a text entry box for the user name appears after the result slide. The users type their name in the box and click Submit to view the certificate. The certificate is then populated with the user name and other parameters that you chose while inserting the widget.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2012 Jul 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still did not get it to work.  Am I inserting 2 blank slides - one left blank and a second one with a widget?

I inserted the widget from the Insert>Widget menu (I dont' think that would have made a difference)

Also, am I creating the click box to type their name or should it have come up automatically?

Sorry.  I think I am just missing an obvious step but couldn't get it to work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2012 Jul 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same problem. I inserted the blank slide after the results slide and then put the widget in that blank slide.

I also entered the information into the properties box. The only time the information actually came into the certificate was the very first time. The widget does prompt the use for their name but that only worked the first time. I was also not able to print.

From what I see in the forum, the widget does not work and we have to create our own.

I also do not see how the results slide helps determine if they see the certificate or not. If the person fails, they should not see the certificate but I don't find any place to set that up. I have not found these answers in the forum so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources