Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Flash CS6 does not publish for iOS with ANE included

Jul 12, 2012 5:16 AM

Tags: #air #flash #ios #ipad #action_script_3 #actionscript #cs6

Hi,

I'm creating a game to run on iOS devices and one of the game requirement is for the device to vibrate on some action.

I added the Vibration.ane file (http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/native-extensions-for-air/extensions/v ibration.html) into the library path in Flash CS6 and also added the extension ID to the XML file. However when I publish the Flash file to check on device, I only keep seeing the "Publishing" loader bar. I've even waited for over 15 mins for it to complete. I get no error, nor does the PC hang, but I can't seem to publish my .app file for device testing.

Also I assume we can't test Vibration functionality with the Simulator that opens during desktop testing. I get the error "The content cannot be loaded because there was a problem loading an extension: Error: Requested extension com.adobe.Vibration is not supported for Windows-x86."

Would appreciate help.

Thanks,

Mariam

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 16, 2012 2:52 AM   in reply to mariamdh

Hi,

Could you please share the bug information(id/bugfile) that you have filed for us to verify?

Yes, you will not be able to test the Vibration functionality using Desktop Simulator. The error that you observed is expected.

Thanks and Regards,

Meenakshi

FlashPro Software Engg Team

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2012 5:49 AM   in reply to meetiwari3

About this 'not supported' thingy - Do I understand correctly that you cant preview a ios app on adl when there's a native extension involved (concerning phone hardware)?

I'm working on the Gyroscope, but can't preview the app on adl because of this error. There is however the phone position remote thingy in AIR (Using Flash CS6). which can change phone alignment in the adl. How do I get to work with this?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2012 10:10 PM   in reply to mariamdh

Same issue here, but on 3.3.0.3690 it exports a broken .ipa and gives a wall of text full of errors. This happens by just simply including the vibrate.ane in the as3 settings panel.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 19, 2012 12:26 AM   in reply to Mark.fromOP

IPA is ok at the CS6 flash' standard 3.2 export, just tried the new AIR 3.3 also - no problems. I just included the Gyro ANE file, not the SWC

However, because the adl still does not want to preview this thing, development/testing the Gyro stuff is difficult...

I discovered the accelerometer is something different however. Adobe's little remote control thingy on which you can simulate phone position and multitouch emulates the accelerometer, not the Gyro. The Gyro extension taps in to a piece of hardware which really displays the position of the device, not the movement it's been receiving.

Maybe obvious but I thought I'd post this little find, after a day of testing and exporting, syncing, ... this was a tiresome experience...

After all this I can advise to sync the .ipa's with xcode though, instead of iTunes. This works MUCH faster (if you're on mac). Just run xcode, pull up the 'organizer window', select your device and go to the subbranch ' applications'. There you can add the .ipa by clicking on the '+' button

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 21, 2012 12:18 AM   in reply to mariamdh

Hi mariamdh,

I have same issue while working a mobile app in Flash CS6 with Air for iOS 3.2 (also tried compiling with Air for iOS3.3, iOS3.4). But my issue still remains unsolved. If you got the solution for this problem please tell me!

And one more thing while compiling with Air for iOS 3.4 i am getting another error which is given below:

The content cannot be loaded because there was a problem loading an extension: Error: Requested extension com.adobe.Vibration is not supported for Windows-x86.

Thanks for your suggestion in advance.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points