Skip navigation
dputnam
Currently Being Moderated

Why haven't "licensing" issues been addressed?

Jul 5, 2012 9:03 AM

Tags: #creative_cloud

Ever since installing (and uninstalling, and re-installing several times) the Creative Cloud, I cannot readily open or read even old pdfs--first I get a message that there's a licensing problem, which sometimes goes away when I go to the Adobe manager and sign in online (obviously doesn't work at all when I'm offline!) and then I get an error message saying to restart my computer and sign in again (which is an enormous pain because I have a lot of different programs running). This sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.   Today it didn't--I am wasting way too much time trying to get to my work, giving me too little time leftover to do my work! Help from Adobe seems to be nonexistent.

I have similar problems with Photoshop.  There it also tells me every time that my trial subscription has ended (I paid for a year two months ago).

I am on the verge of saying forget this nonsense! 

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 19, 2012 4:25 PM   in reply to dputnam

Hi dputnam,

Adobe just released an updated version of the Adobe Application Manager which should resolve the issue with products reverting to trial mode. If you continue to have problems with PDF's I would either contact our technical support department or post about the issue on our Acrobat forum for assistance.

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2012 6:32 PM   in reply to David__B

David,

I just opened my Adobe Application Manager on two computers. I see no evidence that the application got updated to the latest version.

If I select Adobe Application Manager in my Mac's Applications folder, you see an alias called Adobe Application Manager. If I choose Show Original to the Adobe Application Manager in this path:

Applications > Utilities > Adobe Application Manager > CCM > Utilities

The modification date of Adobe Application Manager is May 30. If I open it, it's version 6.2.38.0. Is that the latest version?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 13, 2012 1:59 PM   in reply to Steve Werner

Hey Steve,

The method you described will not give you accurate info about the version number.

To check the version number on Mac

1. Launch the Adobe Application Manager using the alias in the Applications folder,
    2. Once its open (with the app selected) in the top lefthand corner of the menu should say Adobe Application Manager (next to the Apple menu), select About Adobe Application Manager there
    3. The correct version number listed should be 6.2.77.0

If you don't see this try updating using the download link

Macintosh
    http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4774

Hope that helps,

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 13, 2012 2:41 PM   in reply to David__B

I'm looking at it correctly.

My version is 6.2.38.0 on both Macintoshes as you see here:

Adobe Application Manager.jpg

How do I get it to update?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 13, 2012 2:53 PM   in reply to Steve Werner

OK, downloading it from the link worked, and shows the current version. But it didn't update on its own as you had said.

Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 13, 2012 3:19 PM   in reply to Steve Werner

Thanks for the info Steve. I'll do some additional checking from my side.

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 19, 2012 4:28 PM   in reply to Steve Werner

Steve,

After further investigation I found that this current update must be installed manually and that it won't update automatically. Thanks for calling this out!

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 19, 2012 8:39 PM   in reply to David__B

No problem. Everything is working fine after the manual update.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points