Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

The sequence settings are taking away from the image quality.

Jul 11, 2012 5:23 PM

Tags: #sequence_settings #quality_loss #pixelation #premiere_pro_cs4 #poor_image

Hello,

I am using Premiere Pro CS4. I am trying to match the sequence settings with the original footage and I did match a lot of the settings but the image in Premiere Pro is pixilated and the image quality is lower. The same thing happens when I export. The original footage isn't pixilated and the image quality is noticeably sharper.

I also have another potential complication- I have edited about 1 hour and 40 minutes of footage in the project with the wrong setting, is there anyway to transfer the footage into a new project? -Or can I get away with a new sequence with the right settings? -Because then I would just cop and paste the whole thing. It's due in a few days, I'm 99% done but I'm really hoping to just copy and paste it into the right settings rather then re cut it.

I took some screen shots ofadobe forum 2.jpg info.adobe forum 1.jpg

adobe forum 3.jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 11, 2012 9:03 PM   in reply to sensory_overflow

some stuff highly compressed for " viewing " on computer ( using a player ) is not too good for editing purposes...dont know if thats part of problem with quality issue you have..

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/PremierePro/4.0/WS26F635E5-97DC-4e1c-B291- 70C6BC5FCBAB.html

can make a new sequence with right settings you want and copy paste into that probably if you cant change the ones you want in current sequence.

is usually best to use same settings as your source footage as you already know...some source stuff that is highly compressed for viewing only can be sometimes converted to something more friendly to editing program with minimum loss of quality

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 12, 2012 4:48 AM   in reply to sensory_overflow

Your source footage is DV.  It's a codec that is good for editing, in other words, it's not "highly compressed" for "viewing" only.

Your sequence settings look good.  Is the Program Monitor (the one that shows what's going on in your sequence) set to full resolution for playback?  Are you trying to view the sequence on an external monitor?  You should be getting the same image quality in Pr as you have in the source.

There's a whole new group of settings for export, so there are infinite possibilities as to why your exported footage doesn't look good.

You can create a new sequence in Pr CS4 with the correct settings, then just copy/paste the footage from the old sequence into it.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points