Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Building a page that only authorized users can access

Jul 13, 2012 10:03 AM

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 13, 2012 10:03 AM   in reply to Community Help

I dont have the option to do step 2.  The plus sign is grayed out.  What now?

"In the Server Behaviors panel (Window > Server Behaviors), click the Plus button and select User Authentication > Restrict Access To Page from the pop‑up menu."

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 13, 2012 11:06 AM   in reply to BeVisualWeb

What type of page is it? PHP, ASP?  You must been using a supported server model to use server behaviours.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 13, 2012 11:47 AM   in reply to bregent

This thread has now been moved to "Developing server-side applications in Dreamweaver".

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 13, 2012 6:00 PM   in reply to David_Powers

html

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 13, 2012 6:02 PM   in reply to bregent

using a supported server model

I tried in in server mode and got the same results

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 13, 2012 11:08 PM   in reply to BeVisualWeb

>html

That's your problem.

Server behaviors (SB) create server side script - that is - script that is executed on the server. So by default, regular .html pages are not supported. Try creating a php page and add the SB. That should work

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 13, 2012 11:18 PM   in reply to bregent

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 13, 2012 11:35 PM   in reply to BeVisualWeb

>Everything I've read so far says html is the only way to go:

I'm not sure why you think so and it doesn't say that in the link you referenced. Dreamweaver inserts server side scripts into the pages you want to restrict - so the page's file extension must be one that your server supports for server side scripting. Have you tried a PHP page? I'm not sure which version of DW you are using, but versions that I have used will not insert a server behavior into an html page. Maybe that's changed in CS6?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 2, 2012 1:06 PM   in reply to Community Help

I have been trying to restrict access to my page but, it does not work. I have already set my access levels for users in the database. I have created a log in user page and under the Restrict access based on section, I selected the Username, password and access level option.

When I try and restrict access to page using the user authentication selection under server behavior, I get a message saying that my log in page needs to be created.

I do not understand where I am going wrong. I need to fix my site up asap. Please help.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points