Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CS6: lost previews and thumbnails

Jul 13, 2012 6:25 PM

Tags: #preview #cs6 #phtoshop

Surprisingly this is not in the FAQ section: how do you folks get around the problem of having no previews when opening a file from Windows Explorer?

I realise Adobe wants us to use Bridge but I'm sure I am not alone in finding this unstable and slow.

Another forum recommends intalling Sagethumbs which is great for showing thumbails in Windows folders, and also shows really tiny thumbnails when opening a file in Detail view.

But I really miss having the preview pane to see full size images when selecting a file to open in Detail view.

Has anyone found a workaround for this issue?

Replies
  • JJMack
    5,968 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Jul 13, 2012 6:52 PM   in reply to BoppyW

Adobe point its finger at Microsoft.  It you install a package like FastPictureViewer codec you can have thumbnails in window explorer and windows file dialogs. Other complain they only want the old way a single file preview not a list of thumbnails. They want perfection and unity in this not so perfect world. They can dream who knows maybe some day No!

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,455 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Jul 13, 2012 11:04 PM   in reply to BoppyW

I like the FastPictureViewer Codec pack myself.  FULL support for all the functions required of codecs.  Commercial software, but quite inexpensive and well worth the price.

ExplorerCodecView.jpg

PSFileOpenWithCodecs.jpg

WindowsPhotoViewerViaFPVCP.jpg

-Noel

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers