Skip navigation
tedpiet@comcast.net
Currently Being Moderated

preview during capture

Jul 14, 2012 1:21 PM

P.E. version 9.0.1 , operating system Vista 32 . When capture video from camcorder via fire wire , don't have preview , but video and audio captured O.K.

What should I look to solve this?

Ted

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 14, 2012 2:15 PM   in reply to tedpiet@comcast.net

Is this for SD, or HD Capture?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 14, 2012 3:18 PM   in reply to tedpiet@comcast.net

OK, I have never done HDV Capture from PrE, but have from PrPro. In PrPro, there is no video preview, during HD Capture (only for SD). Many users have instead used HDVSplit to Capture HDV footage in PrPro, as it DOES have video preview, and also a better Scene Detection module. Many feel that it is the Capture module, that Adobe should have gone with.

As for the Timeline playback, do your Clips have red lines above them, when you first drag them to the Timeline?

If they do, then it's probably time to talk about your Project's Preset, chosen at New Project, and also your Capture settings.

If you have the red lines, hit Enter/Return to Render the Timeline, and test the playaback again. Is that better?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 15, 2012 12:51 AM   in reply to tedpiet@comcast.net

I use PRE9 with Vista too, and I can confirm : DV capture has preview, HDV capture has no preview.

It is the normal way of working for Elements, as written in the documentation of the product.

My second install being on Mac, I can use HDV preview when using iMovie. Generally, I check vidéos on

the cam screen, and adjust scene cutting when editing.

Bon courage.

JM

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points