Skip navigation
DF Wilkinson
Currently Being Moderated

BRIDGE CS6 - WON'T OPEN

Jul 14, 2012 10:06 AM

Tags: #bridge #crash #cache

Have PS CS6 Running on Imac Lion OS. Since purchasing this version (CS6) have had numerous problems requiring unistall and install. Bridge is now the consistent prolem from crashes to plain not opening, and now Bridge opens but I get a can't read the Cache, purge Cache message. Problem is Bridge goes into a loop and the only way to close it is to do a "Force Quit" on it. Have just done another uninstall/install on CS6 but no luck on Bridge. I do have CS5 still in my applications and no problems at all in reading my Tif files.

What is being done to resolve this as I see many other threads on this issue on the internet?

Any help would be appreciated.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 14, 2012 11:49 AM   in reply to DF Wilkinson

Same problem with me. I had Bridge until CS4 / CS 5.5 versions. I tried to uninstall CS4 an CS 5.5 and re-install it on Mac OS 10.7.4. All my products are updated. I can access to the mini-bridge through Photoshop, but not directly in Bridge.

Thank you for your reply and help.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 14, 2012 7:15 PM   in reply to DF Wilkinson

Have you reset your prefernces?  A reinstall does not affect this file.  On a Mac hold down Option key and start Bridge.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 15, 2012 12:48 AM   in reply to Curt Y

@ Curt,

Thank you for you reply (if it's for me). Yes I already tried to reset the preferences. Reading the posts, it seems many people have problems installing Bridge.

I Have a Master collection license. Is there a possibility to install Bridge separately ? There is no option to install it separately during the install process :-/

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 15, 2012 10:04 AM   in reply to DF Wilkinson

DF Wilkinson wrote:

finding the CS6 Bridge icon, hold down the "Option/alt" key then click on the Bridge icon. Bridge should open with a pop up window asking various options to resolve your problem. My choice was to do a force purge of all Cache items. Now Bridge seems to be back and functioning.

Yes this is resetting the preferences.  All the installs and reinstalls probably fouled them up.  Hopefully won't have to do this again.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 15, 2012 10:08 AM   in reply to Fondation RetroActif

Fondation RetroActif wrote:

I Have a Master collection license. Is there a possibility to install Bridge separately ? There is no option to install it separately during the install process :-/

Bridge is not a seperate program.  It is part of Photoshop.  That is why some users have to  launch Bridge the first time from PS to make it work. 

Not familliar with the Suite, but if there are other applications where you can launch Bridge from the program try it.

Also, make sure you have uninstalled any Adobe trials that may cause a conflict with permissions.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points