Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Acrobat X fails to open with Cloud subscription

Jul 15, 2012 6:36 AM

Three times since I purchased my Cloud subscription Acrobat X has failed to function, giving me an error message and telling me to contact support.  If time were money, Adobe would owe me big time for wasting my time with a repeated problem like this.

Any help out there. 

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 15, 2012 1:11 PM   in reply to DrLarsen

And what exactly happen ...we need exact error message and OS details to help you.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 15, 2012 7:11 PM   in reply to Manish-Sharma

I'm having the same problem. It worked the other day but now won't work - even with a reboot and logging in and out. Win 7.

Mine says:

Activation Failure

We are unable to activate your product. Press Retry. For more information, please refer to the Adobe Activation Policy.

error code: #194:25

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 17, 2012 11:02 AM   in reply to melindag13

I experience exactly the same problem. The same error code (#194:25)  appears when I try to open acrobat X on Windows 7 (Bootcamp install on a MacBook Pro). When I open acrobat X on Mac OSX in the same computer (but not at the same time), I have no problems with that.

Considering I have only installed  Adobe on these two platforms of the same computer, I understand that I am still within my limit number of activations, right? Since I have Windows on Bootcamp, I never have the two installations opened at the same time.

Thinking it might have been a problem with unsynced clocks between the two platforms, I have fixed this, but I am still experiencing the same problem whenever trying to open Acrobat X or any other Creative Cloud software on my Windows platform.

I would really appreaciate if I could get some help with this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Leo

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2012 1:40 PM   in reply to DrLarsen

I received the same error today. It's been working for weeks. At the moment I am working on Windows 8 Consumer Preview with Office 2013 installed on an x64 platform, however that hasn't bothered it since it was installed. However, today I received an Adobe Update, I don't even remember what products were being updated, the update screen popped up, downloaded, installed, the progress bar got to 100% and said 2 seconds remaining and then the module crashed. The cloud activation hasn't worked since. I first get a message that says "We are unable to activate CS6 Creative Cloud Membership Subscription Edition", below that it says, "Product Activation is required to use this product" and below that it says "You must have an active internet connection to activate this product. Please check your connection settings and choose try again." When you click on Try Again, it sends up a new message box that says "Activation Failure". Needless to say I have an active connection. Even though it always worked before, I added Adobe Application Manager to the Windows 8 firewall exceptions list, still no dice. I've rebooted the computer twice.

Update: Turned out this followed another defect identified earlier. It is peculiar to Acrobat X. If you open a different application in the suite, login if asked, then close the application, Acrobat will function again normally.

---Mike

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 7, 2012 5:14 AM   in reply to DrLarsen

Try this :

-Open another product from the suite or cloud (Photoshop for example)

- Go to "help" -> "deactivate" ,sometimesyou must open a file to have this option activated.

- Close photoshop and reopen it,reactivate it when asked

- try to relaunch Acrobat

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 8, 2012 9:18 AM   in reply to DrLarsen

I am have simular issues, but everything was working fine till I upgraded my Creative Cloud from the free trial, Now all of my application during the startup hang until I get the "Application has stopped working". I am running the Windows 8 Preview, everything else I have works - and this worked till I decided to pay for it.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 8, 2012 5:40 PM   in reply to melindag13

I have been having the same problem, and this problem followed another previous problem which caused me to have to uninstall Acrobat and then reinstall it. 

Error dialogue:

Activation

We were unable to activate your product. Press Retry. For more information, please refer to

the Adobe Activation Policy.

Error Code: #194:25

Ugh,
    edsager

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers