Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded my free upgrade CS6 Master collection successfully

But the Application Manager Quits before it can install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2012 Jun 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you enter your serial number, select what you want to install, and then after clicking the install button it quits on you?

I would recommend beginning with running the Adobe Support Advisor - http://www.adobe.com/support/loganalyzer/.  It will automatically review your installation logs and attempt to locate a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2012 Jul 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff, I just saw your reply... I am downloading now

J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

doesn't deterct anything. no help

installer still quits

Crash report at http://pastebin.com/UuqZcx3y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the Adobe Support Advisor is not detecting anything then you will want to manually review your installaton logs.  Troubleshoot with install logs | CS5, CS5.5, CS6 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cs5-cs5.html provides details on how to accomplish this.

Alternately you can choose the package for support option in the Adobe Support Advisor and respond to this thread with the token number.  This will allow myself as well as any other Adobe support personel to review your install logs in detail.  I would recommend however that you continue to manually review the installation logs as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will look at the logs, but here is the token #

(although it says there is no problem - prob w/ 5.5)

00-91914-131514072012

Thanks for your help Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2012 Jul 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John.benton I am not seeing anything actionable in your installation logs.  Going back to your original statement you mentioned the Adobe Application Manager quits before it installs.  Can you please post the exact steps you are performing to attempt to install Master Collection CS6?  Also what version of Mac OS are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes,

1) I sign in and download the Update here

https://store1.adobe.com/cfusion/store/html/index.cfm?event=displayDownloads&orderNumber=AD005264896

(I have done so a bunch a few times

once crashed my machine and I used the Adobe CS Clean up utility...

I have also tried "alternate download method"):

2) I run the installer and it quits toward the end of the progress bar

I'm running Max OS 10.7.4

all software up to date

Thanks Jeff

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also Jeff

on recent downloads of Mster Collection CS6 (incase the download is whats crashing the istaller)

I can't even decompress the file "invalid cecksum"

So I keep using the older installer

I also notice that I have an Adobe CS6 Utilities folder that has an ExtenScript Toolkit in it

might this be the culpret?

The first time I downloaded and CS6 the application manager worked, but installing crashed my machine

So I ran the CS clean up utility

and the installer hasn't worked since

Thanks

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2012 Jul 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see John.benton.  Then I would recommend following the directions in message #4 this time reviewing the section related to the PDApp.log file.  Alternately you may want to contact our support team to work with them directly to review the PDApp.log file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2012 Jul 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jeff

Thanks for your help

Why is this so hard???

Talking to support is quite frusterating, but getting your attention has been great

I will try again with tech support w/ this new info

and will let you know.

J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have moved the crash log to the pastebin.com as it was making the thread unreadble.

Would like to know when does you Application manager quits , as soon as you click on setup or at any particular stage ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

either the crash report comes up  @ 80% and it keeps running until 100 % and then closes

or it makes it to almost 100%

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines