Copy link to clipboard

Copied

persistent error flag every day.

How do i fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2012 Jul 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disable the updater.

If that is not a solution, then you need to provide more information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2012 Jul 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, this thread should probably be moved to Adobe Flash Player Forums - the error is in regards to the Adobe Flash Player updater.

What type of information do you need? I have been having the same issue. Windows XP Pro SP3. In Administrative Tools->Event Viewer->Application I have an error with this information:

Category: (100)

Event: 1000

Description: Faulting application FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe, version 11.3.300.265, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.6055, fault address 0x000113b5.

I also have another error, but I can't tell if it is related:

Category: None

Event: 1001

Description: Fault bucket -1233855520.

The pop-up error window refers to Flash Player Update version 11.3.300.265 and says "Updater has encountered a problem and needs to close." I am given the option to send the error report, which I have done several times. I have restarted my computer to no avail.

What other information is needed?

Edit: The computer receiving this error is my work computer. I leave Firefox running every day when I leave to go home. I am running Firefox version 13.0.1 (will be updating this morning to the newest version of Firefox).

Message was edited by: Tuonela

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2012 Jul 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to update this thread for anyone who might stop by... a temporary solution to this issue can be found in this thread. This is the accepted solution until Adobe sends out the next release. Also, adding your vote here will aid in letting Adobe know we want the issue fixed. Look for "Votes" on the right-hand side below the "Attachments" section.

EDIT: made the links open a new window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2012 Jul 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try if installing the latest Flash Player 11.3.300.268 fixes the problem.

[topic moved to Flash Player forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2012 Jul 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, updating to 11.3.300.268 did not seem to fix the FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe crash issue. I received the error message again. And, again in the event viewer I have the following Application Error:

"Faulting application FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe, version 11.3.300.268, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.6055, fault address 0x000113b5."

Category: (100)

Event ID: 1000

adobe_error_screen_capture.jpg

Edit:

Btw, I'm not sure if it matters, but I run Adobe Dreamweaver CS5 and I always leave it running on my work machine. So, Dreamweaver is open when this error occurrs.

In the same manner, I leave Firefox (14.0.1) running.

I will try making sure both programs are closed and see if I still encounter the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2012 Jul 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Tuonela,

This is still an open issue with the current release of Flash Player.  The good news is we believe we have it fixed internally and we're working on a plan to get an update out to those affected.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines