Skip navigation
SideshowSally
Currently Being Moderated

PRE 9- installed extra content from DVD, but still getting prompt?

Jul 16, 2012 11:03 AM

Tags: #premiere_elements_9 #elements_9

I just installed Premiere Elements 9 from DVD.

I also installed the second DVD of extra content.

When I start up the PRE 9 program, I get a prompt warning me to "Install Full Content- a reduced set of content... has been installed. You can install the full content by inserting your content DVD or downloading it."

Even though I had already installed the second DVD of content (which was a LOT of content!), I put in the DVD again. This time, the installer wanted to REMOVE the content, so I took the disc out before going any further.

I am not sure if the additional content was successfully installed or not. If so, how do I get rid of that popup prompt?

When I have a project open in PRE9 and open the Disc Menus tab, there is a dropdown box of menus by filter, including Entertainment, General, Happy Birthday, etc.

If I click on Entertainment, for example, I have a choice of Art in Motion, Music video, Performance Star, Broadway, Popcorn, or Stage. There is a Main Menu and Scene Menu for each of them. Happy Birthday has Balloons, Birthday Party and Kids Party. Etc.

Do I have the additional content properly installed, or is there supposed to be more than this? If there is, how do I get the PRE 9 program to recognize what I already installed from that second disc?

My system:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

16.0 GB RAM

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Processor 3.20 GHz

ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series graphics card

Thanks for all of your help.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers