• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to extract the installation files from CS6 Design & Web Premium

Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2012 Jul 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've gone through the steps that have been suggested in other threads. This is on a FRESHLY installed Windows 7 64-bit.

When I attempt to use the Adobe Downloader, I get Error 101. When I got the files from Direct Download, I was still unable to extract them through the Adobe installation software. When I attempted to extract the files using WinRAR, I got an error message stating that they are corrupt files. I've attempted to extract the files and download the files on all three of my harddrives (SSD, HDD & portable HDD) and keep getting the same messages.

I'm on an administrator account. I am not attempting to extract them to My Programs or any other folder where I would not have write permissions, and I undoubtedly have enough space for the install. Any ideas where I might be going wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 17, 2012 Jul 17, 2012

Well, in case someone happens to have a similar problem... I downloaded it to my laptop instead & then copied the files onto my external HDD. The installation worked without a hitch. It seems for whatever reason the .7z file would not download properly on my PC regardless of what method or browser I used, or which drive I DLed it to... Obviously a cause for concern on my end, but for the time being, at least it's finally working.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 16, 2012 Jul 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try anotehr browser and use the alternate download method without the download manager or as explained here: Direct Downloads

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, thanks for the reply. I tried using Firefox & Internet Explorer but am now getting a message saying:

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://trials2.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/DSST/CS6/win32/DesignWebPremium_CS6_LS16.exe?" on this server.

Reference #18.c7961645.1342470064.46f936

I'm guessing it might be because I already attempted the direct download 4 times yesterday. It is also displaying the same message in Chrome (the browser I was attemping the downloads on yesterday).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please reread the directions on the Prodesigntools.com web site.  You are receiving the Access Denied message due to not having the proper cookie set by initiating a download through the normal process.  You will need to follow the directions on the site prior to clicking on the download link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2012 Jul 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to the extreme of doing a fresh install of Windows, but the problem is persisting. Once again, I tried downloading it to all three hard drives & am still getting the same error. Using the direct download method, it is a slightly different error now, but not installing nevertheless. It goes from 1% to 99% (almost instantaneously) and says to make sure I have privileges to write to the folder. I have tried with multiple folders and none of them have worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a related note, would it be possible to use the key from my Design & Web Suite on individual products or does it specifically have to be on the suite?

Edit: I tried copying the files over my external harddrive and attempting the install on another computer. It had the same issues. I will be attempting to download the files on the other computer and installing them here now & will update you on what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, in case someone happens to have a similar problem... I downloaded it to my laptop instead & then copied the files onto my external HDD. The installation worked without a hitch. It seems for whatever reason the .7z file would not download properly on my PC regardless of what method or browser I used, or which drive I DLed it to... Obviously a cause for concern on my end, but for the time being, at least it's finally working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines