Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Calling a Web Service

Jul 10, 2012 7:25 AM

I had posted this question previously but never received a reply. I'm trying it again because the issue has come up again. Here goes...

My agency has published a lengthy document showing the Spanish terms next to the English terms for commonly used words in our documents. I was working thru some exercises and saw one for a Web Service for translation of words from many languages. This would be so much more efficient than what we are currently using.

I created the Data connection but the execute button always fails to connect to the Web Service (The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.) and the error message that I get from the Web Service is this:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

I don't know what that means or what I am doing wrong?

I have published the form at:

https://acrobat.com/#d=zX3Lh**1t5NsGuEpIwfV1w

and I would appreciate any help that you can offer. Thank you.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 10, 2012 3:17 PM   in reply to jeanette614

Hi,

I think it might be a problem with the webservice, if I type http://www.webservicex.net/TranslateService.asmx?op=Translate into my browser and try it I get the same problem.

Regards

Bruce

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 16, 2012 4:43 PM   in reply to jeanette614

That is true.  If your users all have Acrobat then they will be able to call the webservice without extending the form, but I guess that is unlikely.  Maybe you can try one of the third-party companies that will host (or extend) your form.  I think Avoka might do that sort of thing.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points