Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cap 5: Can I speed up a text animation?

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2012 Jul 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks

I had a project that was looking really schmick and was just about ready to publish.

Then I resized it. All of the neat "typing text" started to play in the wrong part of the screen. Aparently this is what happens in Cap 5 and I have to suck it up.

So as work around I have replaced it with a text animations (which look erm ok).

The problem is this, I had squeezed my "typing text" down to 2 seconds for nice fast flowing presentation.

The text animation take 14 seconds to play the same bit of text.

Any thoughts?

Does anyone have a better work around for resizing projects. upgrade to Cap 6 is a no no.

Thanks

M

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the text animation properties dialog, did you change the Delay value?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mmmm, I can't see any thing in the dialog that looks like the Delay value setting.

Untitled.png 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think your current installation DEFINITELY has some issues.

If this is for the typing text animation object then THIS is what you should be seeing:

TextAnimation_Dialog_typingtextdelay.png

I suggest that the first thing you try is to regenerate your Preferences folder.  Search this forum for other threads about how to do that.  This might be the cause of some other issues you have too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, that is the Text Animation Properties that see most of the time.

Still I wouldn't be letting Captivate 5 off that lightly, most of the things that bug me about it seem to have been designed (by software engineers in hell).

I'll try regenerating my preference folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources