Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

You lost my script!

Jul 16, 2012 8:30 PM

Tags: #script #bugs #disappeared #adobe_story

I was working on a short story script this afternoon at the office.  I saved it (at the bottom) and closed story plus down (I have the creative cloud).  When I got home, I decided to do a little more work on my script and it was gone.  It was stored in my Healthy People Now project folder with a script named Evermore.  I believe the name of the lost script is Pardon My Smoking.  I do not have time to hunt for scripts, nor do my students.  If these kinds of problems are not worked out, I will not be able to use this in my classroom.

Another complaint I have with story is that it is not intuitive.  I usually have no right-click options (PC) as I do in many other Adobe applications.  I use just about every application in the creative cloud (with the exception of the flash programs)---PS, AI, ID, Premiere Pro, AE, Speedgrade (which is also horribly difficult to understand and use), Encore, Audition, Soundstage etc., I also teach many of these applications.  I believe that Adobe should be cross-compatable with feature similarity across platforms.  I realize that this is an extremely difficult request, but considering that people who work with story, speedgrade, premiere, and AE are generally going to have to learn a complete set of different commands/features/etc. it would be nice if it were easier to move from one program to another without having to change your whole thougt pattern as you do between speedgrade and say, premiere pro.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 16, 2012 10:26 PM   in reply to ronnhague

Hi.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Can you confirm that:

1.       Were you working in the desktop application in the office?

2.       Were you working online when you saved the script?

3.       Can you see the script when you use your office computer?

4.       Do you see the script at all in the project when you log in from home?

5.       Are you using the desktop application at home and are you online?

--Anubhav

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 17, 2012 5:15 AM   in reply to ronnhague

Hi,

Please send

- Your AdobeID (username which you use to login to story),

- Script name (which is missing),

- Approximate number of pages in it (when last saved)

at "adobestory-support@adobe.com".

Thanks

Ratnesh

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 17, 2012 6:04 AM   in reply to ronnhague

Hi,

Can you see if the script ‘Pardon my smoke’ is in the sync issues folder ?

This folder is located on the left side panel in “projects view”.

For more details on how to locate “sync issues folder” see page-8 (image tag – F) on this pdf<http://help.adobe.com/en_US/story/cs/using/adobe_story_help.pdf>.

Thanks

ratnesh

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 17, 2012 9:06 AM   in reply to ronnhague

That's weird. Honestly, we are not sure how it got there. We trust that you did not delete it. do you have any other pointers that can help us debug or reproduce this issue?

--Anubhav

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 17, 2012 9:40 AM   in reply to ronnhague

Ron.

All these feature are in the program. You can use Categories as a parent folder for multiple projects. Click on the arrow icon next to projects in the projects view and select new category. Now, create a new category and drag drop projects into it.

You can also drag drop scripts from one project to another.

Sorry this is not as intuitive as you’d like it to be.

--Anubhav

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points