Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Multi-device reading (iPad / iPhone)

Jul 16, 2012 7:27 AM

Tags: #app #iphone #ipad #indesign_cs5.5 #magazine #multi-device

Hello all,

We publish since november 2011 "M Magazine" (weekly magazine for "Le Monde" french daily paper).

This magazine is at this time available on iPad2 and iPad3, but we started a few weeks ago working on an iPhone version.

THE question is:

We're looking for a solution that would make possible a smart multi-device reading.

Example: I start reading the magazine on my iPad, and decide to stop on third page of article number 2. Then I continue reading on my iPhone. Would it be possible to open the magazine on the iPhone at the same place I closed it on my iPad (third page of article number 2)? That would be great!

See the app (free content, in french) here : http://itunes.apple.com/fr/app/m-magazine/id478671861

I hope someone here is already working on that point!

Best regards,

Christophe

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 16, 2012 7:31 AM   in reply to Christophe_Quinzoni

That would indeed be very cool, but there’s no way to do that.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 16, 2012 9:51 AM   in reply to Bob Levine

We don't currently support this, however it is something we would like to add in future releases.

Neil

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 16, 2012 12:40 PM   in reply to Christophe_Quinzoni

No, sorry, and no idea what release it may be in. We have other higher-priority items in front of it.

Neil

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 17, 2012 7:31 AM   in reply to Christophe_Quinzoni

You could be doing that with an HTML/Server-Solution, where on every page there is an HTML-Snippet that is loaded when the user is connected to the internet. The user has to identify him somehow to the server (e.g. login on the first page). Then id this snippet is loaded the server saves which article the user is reading together with the user-id.

When switching devices there would be a button with a link to the same article (page) on this device, which is automatically loaded, if the device is conected to the internet.

I'd love to develop that, because we have an iPhone edition of our reference magazine, too. Tell me if you are interested or if you'd prefer to wait for Adobe. It wouldn't be worth the effort just for one product

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points