Skip navigation
Trevor Dennis 5,879 posts
May 24, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

nVidia error code 6 When zooming and panning a high res still image

Jul 16, 2012 7:06 PM

I am consistantly getting the following error code which shuts down CS6.  This is when zooming and panning a still images measuring something like 5300 pixels wide, and 4000 pixels high.  I started by looking  at the video driver, but nVidia says it is up to date.  I am now wondering if the size of the still image is actually the problem? This is in a 1080 sequence.

Harware is GTX570

Any ideas?

nVidia.jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 16, 2012 7:14 PM   in reply to Trevor Dennis

Trevor,

PrPro CS6 (and PrPro, as of CS5) can handle larger Still Images, BUT they still require heavy overhead, to process.

My first question is: do you need all those pixels, or can you Crop, or Scale your Still Images in PS (know that you have that), and work with fewer pixels?

Scaling of large Still Images improved with CS5, and MPE/CUDA, but the overhead is still an issue, requiring heavy-duty resources.

Good luck, and please let us know a bit more.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 16, 2012 9:23 PM   in reply to Trevor Dennis

You could right click the keyframe and set it to easy out. That will make it end more smoothly instead of speeding up as you describe. 

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 17, 2012 9:52 AM   in reply to Trevor Dennis

Trevor,

It's not so much a "dynamic" thing, as that can be adjusted with Keyframe Interpolation and Velocity, as ComputerNovice mentioned. The pixel x pixel dimensions would only come into use, if one say had a panorama, and wished to do a Pan across the full width of that pano. If the only animation was a Pan, with no Tilt, then one could Crop the Still Image in its height, to the Frame Size, say 1080, and leave the width at the higher pixel count. That would remove unused pixels from the total for that image.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 2, 2012 7:02 AM   in reply to Trevor Dennis

Bill and Dennis.

Error Code 6 message -  new challeng in the past 48 hours on very old premiere project.

My system - Win 7 64 byte serv pack 1, Ppro CS5.0.3, I7 processor, 12 g ram,  nvidia gtx 470.

In the past 2 days, I am getting error code 6 from Nvidia on a logo that is keyed and 3d rolled on white background.  The logo has been used without issue for many months in this same project and was encoded correctly by Adobe 1920 x 1280.   Once this issue began,  I had to render it 1-3 frames per request of project rendering last night.  I imported the correctly encoded logo again to the project and it began to have the same issue again.  I tried to change the harsh 3d rotations to see if it would relieve the processors overall.    Nothing changed after it began to freeze up wtih the error message. 

I saved, shut the PC down and left the system rest overnight.

This morning the project will get past the small load screen, but will not get past pulling the first file in the project once the editing screen loads.  Prem Pro will launch correctly in all other projects this morning, but not this one.  It gives me the same error message as it did when the problem started, but I can't even begin to touch the project.   Message - "Hardware config doesn't meet min standards Error Code 6".  I close the program, but then have to enter task manager to relaunch the program since it just hangs there.

My work around, when the project launched yesterday, was to render a much smaller amount of frames at a time which worked SLOWLY, but now I can't even access the program.  Ouch.  Backups are available from a few days ago, but I want to discover why this happened to avoid this issue for the future.  Not much confidence at this point particularly when I rendered to match rez and deleted the media cache yesterday just in case the system was having to work around more cache than needed. 

I have my computer hardware company looking into the issue, but I didn't take any known updates on the software in the past week.  I thought this might be a thermal issue because we are having some challenges keeping our editing area cool enough, but that isn't the issue this morning because the other projects do launch correctly and the ambient temps are down.  Thanks for any suggestions.  I am a little slow to go out and see if there are any updates from Nvidia until I am out of options.  I don't want to change the system scenario before I see if there are any other options.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 2, 2012 10:05 AM   in reply to CPAVoice

Start a new Project and switch to Software MPE mode deleting the previews when it prompts you. Save the new project file and close Premiere. Then open up the project that is having issues. It should open then.

Eric

ADK

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 11, 2012 10:26 AM   in reply to Trevor Dennis

Oh dear, the problem with moving and scaling large images seemed to be cured or at least improved in 6.0.1 but since I've installed 6.0.3, it's back with a vengance. Nvidia hardware error code 6 - hardware dows not meet the minimum specifications . . . .

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points