Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader software updates delivered via Config Manager

Jul 17, 2012 Jul 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I've got a fleet of Windows 7 PCs running Reader X. I deploy software updates via Config Manager, and import the Adobe updates via SCUP. All my Windows 7 PCs are currently running version 10.1.1, however none of them are picking up Reader 10.1.3. The update just isn't being flagged as required... any ideas?

By the way, I did look at update path and nothing jumped out at me from there

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2012 Jul 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get 10.1.2 along the way?

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 18, 2012 Jul 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ben, thanks for the reply.

I did have 10.1.2 offered, however the PCs did not respond to this either. Is 10.1.2 a requried upgrade step, as in do I need to have offered:

10.0.0 (base install)

...to:

...to:

...to:

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2012 Jul 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's not required, but neither is 10.1.3. Please post all the relevant info:

• Are you adhering to sys reqs (incl. SCCM reqs from the admin guide)?
  • Are there any errors?
  • Describe exact steps.
  • Post any screenshot you think is pertinent.

Thanks,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 03, 2012 Aug 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again, sorry the tardy reply.

SCCM reqs - yes. Pretty standard setup. Flash updates roll out without any issues.

No errors - nothing happens.

Exact steps:

Receive SCUP alert

Import Adobe updates

Publish Updates

Synch SCCM Software Updates

Deploy Adobe updates (as I siad, Flash updates are fine, so I don't see this as a SCUP problem).

That said, I deleted the Adobe updates from Config Manager, and then redeployed them as part of the standard monthly release. This time I received around 2100 installs and 3200 not required (this is about right for Adobe X), whereas before I was getting double figures for installs and mostly Not Required.

Perhaps I had received a bad update, or maybe something went wrong with the SCUP to SCCM import/packaging.

Anyway, all sorted... thank you for the response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2012 Aug 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi RashC,

I think I have a similar problem: SCCM 2007R3 and SCUP 2011 plus Windows 7 clients.

Flash and Windows updates roll out without any problems, but Adobe Reader X and Acrobat X updates is marked as "not required".

The Win7 clients have Reader X 10.1.2 installed from the OSD task sequence, but it doesnt get updated to neither 10.1.3 nor 10.1.4.

I have imorted the updates from Adobe in SCUP, published Reader X 10.1.[3-4] updates with full content, run Sync in SCCM, deployed Reader update - just as I do with Flash.

Therefore I am curios about what you mean by "deleted the Adobe updates from Config Manager" and then got it to work - what exactly did you do?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines