Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

large tables truncated or withheld from webhelp

Jul 17, 2012 Jul 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running into a major issue trying to include a large table in my WebHelp build.  I'm using RoboHelp 8 in Word.  When I include a large table (6 columns x 180 rows) the table is either truncated or withheld from the compiled WebHelp.

I've tried several things to resolve it, but they all end in the same results.  I've tried importing the table from its original Word file.  I've tried breaking it up into many smaller tables.  I've tried building a new table in Word, then copying the data.  Oddly enough if I build the table blank and compile--the table appears.  But once I copy data into the table, it disappears.

RoboHelp seems unable to process the table, as when I've broken the single table into several smaller tables, it chokes, doesn't include the table or even put the topic in the TOC, even though it is in the source file.

Any ideas?  I've not been able to find anything in the forums or anywhere else online. 

Many thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell us what you mean "using RoboHelp in Word"? Do you mean you are using it as your editor or that you are using the RoboHelp for Word application? If the later, is there a reason why you can't use the RoboHelp HTML application? This is much more suited to producing WebHelp. Personally I wouldn't touch the HTML that Word creates with a bargepole.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RoboHelp for Word, yes.  I've never really liked RoboHelp HTML, so I use RoboHelp for Word.  It has its quirks, yes.  Maybe I should revisit the decision.  But for now, I'm still stuck with the table issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

IMHO I think you should revisit RH HTML. Why create HTML pages with a tool not designed for doing so. Take a long hard look at the HTML code created by Word and you'll quickly want to run a mile. Having issues with a table could be only the start of your problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp