Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How to stop blurs (examples)

Jul 17, 2012 4:16 PM

I made this logo the other day and it was fine (Nice & smooth)....For some odd reason it isnt smooth now and I dont know why... I just want to make it as krisp as possible before printing it on tshirts. Thanks you guys.

Screen Shot 2012-07-17 at 4.11.03 PM.pngScreen Shot 2012-07-17 at 4.13.47 PM.png

......the one on the left is way smoother?? Can anyone tell me why? Even in illustrator for some reason it now looks jagged and I havent even exported yet.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 17, 2012 4:44 PM   in reply to Emperor1212

Are you viewing and comparing these at 100% zoom? I don't see anything wrong with the left one on my monitor. The right one looks zoomed out and slightly jagged which is how zoomed out objects look on screen. Nothing to worry about this is not a printing problem and for screen graphics always make and view the needed size at 100% zoom.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 17, 2012 4:45 PM   in reply to Emperor1212

Is Anti-Aliasing checked in the preferences?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 17, 2012 4:50 PM   in reply to Emperor1212

I can't see much difference. Isn't it just screen pixels that are annoying you?

... and I havent even exported yet.

Export? Why? Keep it as Illie or save as pdf. No need to export.

If the vector paths are clean, printing will be as smooth as it gets.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 17, 2012 5:28 PM   in reply to Emperor1212

Emperor1212 wrote:

Well they are both at 100% and they are different.

Are these both vector graphics, are they both on the same document? Copy paste to compare in the same document. Can you share the actual files?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 17, 2012 6:10 PM   in reply to Emperor1212

You can't attach the file on this forum but you can use a file sharing site or service like Dropbox.

Vector objects are rasterized for monitor preview on the fly at every zoom level at screen resolution so they should look always perfect at any zoom. It is the same like changing the size of vector objects and choosing rasterize at Screen. So, there must be something wrong with the file you are using - it looks like it is not a vector object.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 17, 2012 6:44 PM   in reply to Emperor1212

It is a vector but as I said it is rasterized on the fly for displaying it on screen - you can't see the actual vector because it is a formula, at the end everything is a raster image on print or monitor and a screen capture simply saves this raster image used by your monitor to display the vector.

It is hard to guess what is the problem without having the file or being able to see what you've done. Changing the zoom level of vector objects doesn't make difference in the quality of the rasterization for on monitor display. For creating web images use the Pixel Preview from the View menu at 100% zoom and change the size by resizing your object. Then the final image with the eventual image compression should be viewed by using Save for Web and Devices.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 17, 2012 8:14 PM   in reply to Emperor1212

I sent you a pm

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers