Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Script halts when switching to other apps

Jul 17, 2012 1:17 AM

Hello,

I've found that in Photoshop (Mac - from Snow Leopard to Lion) several scripts halt with random errors when I switch to different apps (say, Safari, Mail, etc) while they're running.

This happens regularly with Adobe's "Export Layers to Files..." and "Load Files into Stack..." (which involve loading and saving files from and to disc), besides my own scripts (which usually do not) - either PS CS5 and CS6.

Is this a known issue? Any suggested workaround?

Thanks in advance

Davide

Replies
  • JJMack
    5,995 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Jul 17, 2012 2:42 PM   in reply to DBarranca

Try editing your Photoshop Preferences and check open documents in tabs.  It thought the bug was limited to  Windows PC but if making that change cures you problem it looks like the bug is in both PC and Mac CS6.

I know for sure on Window PC  Scripts and Actions that switch between documents often fail when one has un checked open documents in tabs in their Photoshop. It does not matter if other applications are open and you switch between applications. For sure "Export Layers to Files" fails I think "Load Files into Stack" will also fail for not only does it place in smart object layers I beleive it open and close files to see if the canvas can hold the image being placed in without transforming. If not increase canvas size so place will not transforn the image being placed.  The Problem seen to be that close no save happen very fast and the next command starts to execute before the switch back to the previous document is complete. If the next command needs a document open it fails.  

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    5,995 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Jul 18, 2012 3:49 AM   in reply to DBarranca

Yes  Paul added code to program around the problem he retrived the user's setting made sure the option was checked abd at the end restored the users setting.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4530678#4530678

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points