Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Help Launching Photoshop CS6 from Dreamwaever

Jul 16, 2012 4:45 AM

Since I installed Photoshop CS6 I am no longer able to launch Photoshop from the properties bar in Dreamweaver.

This problem started when I installed Photoshop CS6, I was originally using Dreamwever CS5.5. I upgraded Dreamweaver to CS6 but it did not correct the problem.

Aditional information: When in Dreamweaver, if I select an image on a web page the icon in the properties window shows the PS icon but when I click on it I get the following error message:

PS.jpg

Maybe this belongs in the Dreamweaver section but since the problem only started after installing Photoshop CS6 I thought this would be the appropriate place for it.

I am a Web Designer so this is a real inconvenience to me, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Operating System:

Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit)

AMD 6 core 3.2gHz proccessor

256 Gb SSD (operating system and programs)

2 Terabyte HD (for Data)

16Gb Ram

Replies
  • Pierre Courtejoie
    7,043 posts
    Jan 11, 2006
    Jul 16, 2012 5:47 AM   in reply to Gadget!

Hello! It is not clear: you are still using Dreamweaver 5.5?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 16, 2012 6:34 AM   in reply to Gadget!

What happens if Photoshop is already launched and active when you click on the Edit PS icon?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 16, 2012 7:01 AM   in reply to Gadget!

Since problems all started after you installed Photoshop PS6 and problem followed Dreamweaver CS5.5 to DW CS6., wonder if for some reason only the 32-bit Photoshop PS6 might have been installed or that there may be some other PSCS6 installation problem.  Have you confirmed that the 64-bit Photoshop PS6 is installed?

I am running on win 7 with Dreamweaver 5 and have PSCS6 installed.  However when I click on the edit PS icon in Dreamweaver it opens PS CS5.

FWIW, my Dreamweaver 5 will open the image in whatever version of Photoshop I have active, CS6, CS5, and even CS4 (which I never uninstalled).  It will launch PS CS5 if no Photoshop is active.  Do you still have Photoshop CS5 installed?  (I'm running DW CS5.  None of this may be too useful if something changed in DW 5.5).

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,514 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Jul 16, 2012 9:37 AM   in reply to Gadget!

Gadget! wrote:

500MB of precious HD space on my SSD

If you want to invest more in your computer, something to consider...   Most modern systems can support a RAID0 array made from SSDs, and you get both more space and more performance.  You could consider getting another one or several SSDs and building an array, then expanding your system volume to fill the space.  I run a RAID0 SSD array myself for drive C: that totals 2 TB (1 TB free right now).  With that kind of space on tap and 1.7 GB/sec throughput there's no more worry about what's installed and what isn't, where to put files, where to point scratch drives...  Everything just screams.

Just a thought.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,514 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Jul 16, 2012 2:27 PM   in reply to Gadget!

That was just an (extreme) example.  You could conceivably add one more SSD and double your space and performance for the cost of one SSD.  Like I said, just throwing out some ideas.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2012 6:30 AM   in reply to Noel Carboni

Collection of free tutorials, video tutorials, cg news, interviews, upcoming movies, trailers, textures, resources, interviews and industry news all at one place.

WWW.ALLCGTUTORIALS.COM

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points